CryptoBar lets you easily display and monitor the prices of your favorite cryptocurrencies directly from your Mac menu bar.
- Support for 320 major Cryptocurrency coins (and over 2200+ pairs) including but not limited to: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dash, Factom (FCT), Komodo (KMD), Monero (XRM), Augur (REP), BitConnect (BCC), Civic (CVC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Emercoin (EMC), EOS Coin, Ethereum Classic (ETC), Gnosis (GNO), Iconomi (ICN), Icon (ICX), Iota (IOT), Melon (MLN), Namecoin (NMC), Neo, Novacoin (NVC), PeerCoin (PPC), Status (SNT), Steem (STEEM), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Tether (USDT), ZCash (ZEC), Ardor (ARDR), Binance (BNB), Bitshares (BTS), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Cardano (ADA), Hshare (HSR), Lisk (LSK), NEM (XEM), OmiseGo (OMG), Populous (PPT), Qtum, ReddCoin (RDD), Request Network (REQ), SALT, Stratis (STRAT), TenX (PAY), Tron (TRX), VeChain (VEN), Verge (XVG), Waves and 0x (ZRX) (Requires In-App)
- Prices can be displayed in over 15+ financial currencies including USD, EUR, JPY, CAD, AUD, CNY, INR, CHF and many more (depending on supported currency pairs)
- Possibility to set the app to automatically launch when you log in to your computer so you don't have to think about manually starting it again and missing out on important price variations
- 16 Exchanges currently supported: Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Bittrex, BTC Markets, CEX.io, Coinbase, Coinbase Pro (former GDAX), Coincheck, Gemini, HitBTC, Huobi, Korbit, Kraken, Kucoin, and Poloniex (Requires In-App)
- Color price changes (green / red / blue)
- Add the amount of coin(s) you own under the "Options" menu to get a real-time update on the total value of your Wallet, directly accessible from the Menu Bar
- Update Interval: choose wether you want real-time data or delayed information on your ticker
- CryptoBar Widget: Directly obtain your Wallet information from the MacOS Today Widget Center
- Possibility to set alerts and cutoffs for highs/lows so you won't ever miss a trade
- Support of Chainlink (LINK) on Coinbase.
- Renamed GDAX to Coinbase Pro
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I liked this app a lot until the last update. Now it’s just alright.
This used to be a really pleasant, simplistic, userfriendly app. Since the last update, it has been complicated and cluttered up a lot- primarily with “Expert Features” that you can’t use without paying for. It’s by no means too complicated or confusing to figure out, and the app still seems to be overall functional, but there are better, more lightweight alternatives that aren’t filled with a bunch of dulled-out pro features. It’s a shame, I liked this app. I’ll probably be switching to something else.
Developer Response ,
Hi Andrew, none of the Expert features have changed per se and they have just been relocated to a different area to make it easier to manage. It allows more control for users over which coin(s) they want to monitor and what they can access. This was highly requested by customers and why I implemented that. I'm not sure what you mean by "more lightweight" as I believe the current version has brought more customization in line with that.
Great up until this last update...
The Cryptobar has been working great until this last update. I like the fact that you can imput your wallet and have it displayed. But in this last update, it has lost connection a couple times, and has also lost the ability on the options menu to pull up the prices from the various exchanges. I also do not like the menu screen, as it appears to have so many fewer options. The one part of the update I do like is the inclusion of more coins and tokens, however I wish they were available in USD, rather than in price per ETH or price per BTC, as for some coins and tokens this is useless, as they are priced so low they simply appear as being worth 0. Also, it would be nice if all the coins and tokens, in USD, were available to imput into the wallet.
App completely disappeared from Menu Bar after purchasing expert.
After unlocking the expert feature, I started to select a cryptocurrency (ADA) and was tinkering with this app, however the app display has completely disappeared from the menu bar. Additionally, upon installing other cryptobar like apps (to temporarily replace this one), I have discovered that NONE of them appear on the menu bar. The same thing happened on a iMac (thinking maybe it is my Macbook Pro which is not compatible somehow, I tried this app on my iMac, too). I restarted my Macs, closed all other applications, still nothing (just black) on the Menubar; when I click ‘open’ on my list of purchased apps, I can’t get this app to open (since nothing appears on the menubar).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.