Cryptomator makes your cloud storage trustworthy. The app encrypts files on your mobile device before they are uploaded to your cloud. Even if a third party gained unauthorized access to your files (e.g., hacker attack), your files are secure from prying eyes.
Cryptomator has been developed with a strong focus on user-friendliness.
• Simply create a vault and assign a password
• No additional account or configuration needed
• Unlock vaults with Touch ID / Face ID
Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages and available for all major operating systems.
• Compatible with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and WebDAV-based cloud storage services
• Access your vaults on all your mobile devices and computers
Cryptomator for iOS is based on the solid open-source foundation of Cryptomator for Desktop.
• File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length
• Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance
• Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background
• Crypto implementation is based on the open-source library Obj-C Cryptor and is publicly documented
Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy. We're proud to provide security and privacy for hundreds of thousands of Cryptomator users.
Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users: https://community.cryptomator.org
• Follow us on Twitter @Cryptomator
• Like us on Facebook /Cryptomator
- When using App Extensions to upload photos/videos, filenames are now set to the actual creation date instead of upload date
- Fixed displayed modification date in directory listings for Dropbox and OneDrive connections
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, Somestimes way to Encrypt on the Cloud
While some minor UI issues, this app and tool has worked as advertised. I appreciate having a guaranteed endpoint encryption option even on Cloud services that claim end-to-end encryption, when it turns out there are still several vectors in to their services.
I’d prefer that the folders are completely hidden/masked when not unlocked but I am sure a feature that developers can work. Additionally the iOS Files integration is still a bit spotty. Sometimes forcing me to save unencrypted on iCloud or device to then move it into a Vault. Once they fix some of these issues and update their mascot/logo (a bit hideous for a legit company), definitely will update to 5 stars!
Close to perfect.
Update: since my original review, a cache feature has been added. It still doesn’t let you pick and choose which files you’d like to have offline, but it’s better than nothing. Beware that it will start to take up lots of space if you use the app often, and the only way to reclaim that space is to clear the entire cache. That means any offline files you had get cleared and you have to open them up again to make them accessible offline again. It can be a hassle on devices with less storage.
My only gripe with the iOS version is the inability to download files onto my device while keeping them in an encrypted vault. I often work and travel in bandwidth constrained environments (remote locations with no signal, flying without wifi, etc) and can’t use Cryptomator because I’m not connected to the internet. I don’t want to download unencrypted versions of the files from Crypomator partitions onto my device due to their sensitive nature. Being able to store encrypted files locally with Cryptomator would make it the ultimate secure storage solution for me.
Great Concept, Annoying Bug
Great idea for encryption and privacy however it’s frustrating because the app times out on every single upload and even while just trying to create a folder. Have to keep force quitting this and other apps trying to send files to it. The files successfully upload but Cryptomator sits there and hangs, holding the other app and your screen hostage. Hope there’s a fix on the way.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skymatic GmbH
- 86.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 cryptomator.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.