Cryptomator makes your cloud storage trustworthy. The app encrypts files on your mobile device before they are uploaded to your cloud. Even if a third party gained unauthorized access to your files (e.g., hacker attack), your files are secure from prying eyes.
Cryptomator has been developed with a strong focus on user-friendliness.
• Simply create a vault and assign a password
• No additional account or configuration needed
• Unlock vaults with Touch ID / Face ID
Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages and available for all major operating systems.
• Compatible with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and WebDAV-based cloud storage services
• Access your vaults on all your mobile devices and computers
Cryptomator for iOS is based on the solid open-source foundation of Cryptomator for Desktop.
• File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length
• Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance
• Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background
• Crypto implementation is based on the open-source library Obj-C Cryptor and is publicly documented
Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy. We're proud to provide security and privacy for hundreds of thousands of Cryptomator users.
Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users: https://community.cryptomator.org
• Follow us on Twitter @Cryptomator
• Like us on Facebook /Cryptomator
- When using App Extensions to upload photos/videos, filenames are now set to the actual creation date instead of upload date
- Fixed displayed modification date in directory listings for Dropbox and OneDrive connections
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic! Just understand what you're getting
I've donated to this project and also paid full price for the ios version. This is by far the best cloud encryption software you can get.
Just understand what the ios version is... You're paying for the app, which allows you to manage single files. You are not going to get access via the file app, swiping of images, or anything else fancy. The app is as basic as can be, but it does the job of getting you access to files when needed.
Close to perfect.
Update: since my original review, a cache feature has been added. It still doesn’t let you pick and choose which files you’d like to have offline, but it’s better than nothing. Beware that it will start to take up lots of space if you use the app often, and the only way to reclaim that space is to clear the entire cache. That means any offline files you had get cleared and you have to open them up again to make them accessible offline again. It can be a hassle on devices with less storage.
My only gripe with the iOS version is the inability to download files onto my device while keeping them in an encrypted vault. I often work and travel in bandwidth constrained environments (remote locations with no signal, flying without wifi, etc) and can’t use Cryptomator because I’m not connected to the internet. I don’t want to download unencrypted versions of the files from Crypomator partitions onto my device due to their sensitive nature. Being able to store encrypted files locally with Cryptomator would make it the ultimate secure storage solution for me.
No Folder Upload in iOS
App works, and the concept is great. For some the shortcoming(s) of not being able to upload folders via the app and duplicate file name issue will be able to be worked around - for others these will be reasons to not purchase.
Folders can’t be uploaded via the app itself - only selecting individual files is allowed. When you use the Share menu via the Photos app (which does allow you to select all) Cryptomator decides that all/a majority of your selected photos are duplicately named and the upload can’t proceed until the file(s) are renamed.
I thought perhaps this was actually due to duplicate photos, but this is not the case - I would suggest everyone to go look at the Cryptomator iOS App help tag on their forums prior to app purchase.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skymatic GmbH
- 86.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 cryptomator.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.