The popular newspaper puzzle on your desktop. Also known as cryptograms, CryptoQuotes have each letter replaced with some other letter. Work thru puzzles at your own pace, with useful tools to help you if you get stuck. CryptoQuote shows conflicts such as using the same solution letter more than once.
* 2363 carefully selected quotes
* Simple, clean interface
* Helpful tools: Get a hint, word search and letter frequency
* Infinite undo and redo
* Enter a puzzle from the newspaper, or create your own
* Print puzzles to take them with you or share
* Use placeholder characters (?, #, etc.)
* Customize colors for guesses, hints, warnings, and placeholders
* Share your favorite quotes via Facebook or Twitter
Great if you like: Sudoku, Crossword puzzles, word search, cipher, encryption, code solving, or decoding.
* Fullscreen support on Lion. Largest puzzle text and no distractions.
* Sandboxing support to run safely and securely
* Updated to reflect Apps from Outer Space, LLC
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve used and enjoyed this app for several years, but it’s glitchy now. Getting hints crashes it. There’s a workaround for that, tho (jWhen it gives you the hint and the option to Fill In or Cancel, choose Cancel and enter the hint manually). But the thing that drives me nuts is that 99% of the hints are not attributed correctly. For example, the last puzzle I did was abut FDR and his Fireside Chats, but it was attributed to Mark Twain. Twain died in 1910, before FDR ever went into politics!
I have tried to contact the developer on his Facebook page to see if he was aware, but he doesn’t respond. I’ve tried asking if there’s a new version down the pike, but no answer. Version 2.1 came out in 3012 and it’s time for a refresher.
I’d give it 5 stars if it were updated.
I enjoy the app itself, but am troubled that most of quotes are by men. Seriously . . .
Cursor disappears each time after placing selected letter. You must drag your mouse to the bottom of the computer screen for the cursor to reappear.
The developer, Apps From Outer Space, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Apps From Outer Space, LLC
- 969.3 KB
- Requires macOS 10.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2003-2012, Apps from Outer Space, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.