Crystalline is a shimmer reverb/delay effect for Audiobus and Inter-app audio. Create synth-like tones and textures from almost any sound source, perfect for guitar, vocals, synths, sound design and more.
Crystalline is capable of a wide range of sounds, including classic "shimmer" effects from the 80's, unique pitch shifted delays and lush reverbs. Crystalline is a highly creative and unique effects processor.
Guitarists can plug their instrument into an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam and get the elusive shimmer reverb tone they've been searching for.
Crystalline supports Core MIDI via the Camera Connection kit, USB MIDI interfaces, Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller's knobs and sliders to control Crystalline's effect parameters.
Here's what users are saying:
"Wow Holy Cow! Guitarism 12- string into Crystalline and I thought it sounded like 'Under the Milky Way Tonight'. I can't think of an instrument that would not sound fantastic with Crystalline. IGrand, Galileo, Sunrizer(holy another cow!), IPolySix all sounded like awesomeness." - NoiseHorse (Audiobus forum)
"Crystalline isn't what I was looking for many years... IT'S MUCH MORE!!! I just can't stop using it!!! By far, the best effect for guitar I've used in my life!!! Thanks again!!!" - Leonardo Leite De Castro (user)
For more info visit http://crystallineapp.com.
Crystalline features two distinct modes:
PERFORM and TWEAK.
● PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control DELAY TIME, FEEDBACK, REVERB and LOW PASS independently for left and right channels.
● TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Crystalline can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface. Guitarists can use our effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
For more info and video demos visit: http://crystallineapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 8.0 or later
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer
● Audiobus 2 compatible (Effect, Input, state saving)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, and Garageband
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Core MIDI compatible
● Control Left and Right channel delay time, feedback, reverb and more.
● 16 delay modes for a wide variety of pitch shifted delay effects
● Multiple stereo output modes including Wide Stereo, Cross Feedback, Stereo Tremolo and Sum to Mono.
• Delay/Reverb Ducking with Sensitivity, Threshold, and Release
• Delay BPM sync, per channel or linked
• MIDI clock sync for delays
• Receive MIDI over Bluetooth LE (*requires iOS 8)
● Huge range of ambient sound effects possible, from beautiful shimmering reverbs to dissonant, metallic delays.
● Audiobus 2 compatible with state saving
● Inter-app Audio compatible
● Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
● Select presets via MIDI program change
Crystalline works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam
● Apogee Mic
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Focusrite iTrack Dock
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• Audiobus 3 ready
• Added option to save state on quit and recall when app is next launched (this option can be enabled in the settings page)
• minor bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
This thing makes sounds like nothing else. I hook up an electric guitar through Apogee interface into audio bus with jam up pro as input and crystalline as effect.
I used this outdoors had a small festival recently and it got rave reviews.I am not even a good guitar player so I just did some arpeggiated chords and it sounded absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend this program. I don't use special presets--just the default "Angelic".
It makes everything sound lush and magnificent
What a wonderful and unique effect to have available on your iOS device.
It gives guitars, keys, and honestly almost any noise a beautiful shimmering quality and there is room for customizing for even more unique tones.
One of my absolute favorite effect apps, Especially for stringed instruments.
You've never heard reverb like this ...
Lush. Sparkly. Gorgeous. And Reverb-y. I've been making music for a long term and never heard a reverb effect like this. If any of those adjectives sound good for your sounds, do not hesitate, get this app. You will not be disappointed.
Just remember, this is no traditional reverb. It's special. Treat it as such and your music will be rewarded :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Holderness Media
- 6.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Holderness Media Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.