Ditch the paper and study for the CST on-the-go! Organized across 36 major medical topics from anatomy to wound healing to surgical robots, this app provides an up-to-date and comprehensive review of material found on the National Certification Exam for Surgical Technologists.
Install the free version today and jump start your studying! We have provided a limited free version of the app that you can try before deciding to upgrade. This version includes a limited amount of practice questions and basic progress metrics.
Upgrade to the Premium version with a one-time, in-app purchase that includes lifetime access to:
•1,450+ practice questions
•11 subject quizzes
•Immediate feedback to track your overall progress
•In-depth statistics that display your strengths and weaknesses
With detailed answer explanations, you will come away with a solid understanding of all these major areas of the surgical technology curriculum:
· Medical Terminology
· Anatomy and Physiology
· Pharmacology and Anesthesia
· Aseptic Technique
· Sterilization and Disinfection
· Operating Room Environment
· Transportation and Positioning
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
· Medical, Ethical, and Legal Responsibilities
· Occupational Hazards
· Skin Preparation and Draping
· Equipment and Supplies
· Counts and Specimens
· Sutures and Drains
· Wound Healing and Dressings
· General Surgery
· Obstetrics and Gynecology
· Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
· Genitourinary Surgery
· Thoracic Surgery
· Cardiovascular and Peripheral Vascular Surgery
· Orthopedic Surgery
· Pediatric Surgery
· Emergency Procedures
· Surgical Applications of Electricity
· Physics and Medicine
· Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery
· Surgical Robots
As life rushes by, optimize your preparation time anywhere, anytime by using Surgical Technology Examination Q&A. Great for both incremental and last-minute studying this is the best tool in your arsenal!
Call at 319-246-5299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About the Authors:
Carolan Sherman, RN, BSN, CST
Mary Chmielewski, CST
This version includes a few improvements to make your experience smoother. Let us know what you think by emailing us at email@example.com or by leaving a 5-star review.
Ratings and Reviews
The best to study recommend it
Thank you for having this app available for us. Free. Thank you. It is very informative and it is just in compliance with AST.
Enjoyed using this app as a reference tool but on its own it does not explain enough. I would have been great to know why the incorrect answers were wrong (i.e. what was the purpose of definition of the answers that were incorrect). I would have also loved to start all the way over especially since I paid for this app and it was free.
Thought the questions are very helpful, I've passed the exam 9 years ago and wanted a refresher to take the exam again after letting my cert expire! This app seems to be right on track for the questions similar to the cert exam!
- Higher Learning Technologies LLC
- 131.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 McGraw-Hill Education. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Surgical Tech Review Premium $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.