CT-ART. Mating Combinations program is the unique due to two causes: the high quality of the theoretical material and a new technology of giving the studying material, the iBook technology that uses hyperlinks and additional windows for comfortable usage of the studying material. The course is prepared by the famous coach Victor Khenkin and includes 1200 instructive examples on 14 themes, each of them illustrates the peculiarities of using certain pieces for mating combinations and 700 exercises for you to solve.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
The program also contains a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. The rook
2. The bishop
3. The queen
4. The knight
5. The pawn
6. Two rooks
7. The rook and the bishop
8. The rook and the knight
9. Two bishops
10. Two knights
11. The bishop and the knight
12. The queen and the bishop
13. The queen and the knight
14. Three pieces
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Animated playback of theory with sound
• Date of reading the theory
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I never rate apps bc I'm an ahole, but all of these CT - Art are amazing amazing apps. I even gave them a s/o on fb chess club. Bravo developers. You did suburb.
Great training app
Excellent training software. Made a noticeable improvement in my game. I'm finding 3-4 move deep mating combinations now where I previously wouldn't have noticed them.
I love this app. Great for chess training. No crashes. Pleasing UI.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 42.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.