Cubasis 2 4+
Mobile Music Creation System
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- Offers In-App Purchases
*** CUBASIS 3 IS NOW AVAILABLE ***
Enjoy a brand-new and fully redesigned Cubasis app, which runs on the iPhone and iPad, and adds many user-requested features and improvements!
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
What's New in Cubasis 2.8.6
Cubasis 2.8.6 adds support for Apple's latest iPad mini 6 (2021) and includes several iOS 15 and iPadOS 15-related improvements and fixes. This update is recommended for all Cubasis 2 users.
More information can be found at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating it in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Great DAW .. with room to improve
I’ve tried a couple different DAWs on my iPad Air2 before switching to Cubasis2, and I’m happy I switched. Since I have a good amount of experience with recording apps I have found Cubasis2 to be well laid out and intuitive in design. But I do have a couple points for improvement: 1) no on screen level meter when recording ( when recording there’s just a swirling symbol, I have to do a test recording, stop and check to see how high my levels are), 2) the undo button directly above track one, (kinda picky, but how many times I’ve hit that accidentally) 3) Using a year old midi guitar app and having issues with it being available in the track Inter App Audio Input prefs section; received this response from the developer “We’re aware that Cubasis’s handling of IAA is somewhat cumbersome. Garageband’s handling of IAA feels totally different and mostly better imho, so there is room for improvement there on Steinberg’s side.”
Just passing that along .. Bottom line I like the results when I use Cubasis 2, and am looking forward to future updates.
Developer Response ,
Hi Strum27, Thank you very much for rating and reviewing Cubasis! Your suggestions will be added to our backlog. Thanks again! Best wishes, Lars
Audio editing stopped working
When I hilite a piece of audio and it opens up the editing bay the problem starts. The little triangles won’t move from the beginning and end so any changes I want to make apply to the whole piece. I can’t trim any specific parts, I can only fade in or out the whole audio clip. I can move the little triangles on the skinny bar above that that allows me to loom in on the audio but the other triangles won’t move anymore. All the other functionality works but I can only apply it to the whole part. So, unless I’m normalizing it’s pretty much useless.
..and I’m using Cubasis 2 instead of 3 that I bought for $50 bucks because 3 crashes all the time, usually within the first five minutes of any project, even simple ones with like 3 or 4 audio tracks and a few midi tracks that are all syncopated so not stressing the iPad…Meanwhile version 2 used to do fine with much bigger projects. I’m running a 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch, the last one with the audio jack (btw special considerations for the iPads with the jack would make a lot of people happy)
Please help with this audio problem, I’ve bought some in app purchases so it would be a shame to lose close to $100 just off you guys. If 3 crashes and I can’t edit audio in 2, it’s some alternative like BeatMaker 2or3 which work fine. And if you sort this out maybe you can help me to export projects to Cubase. I picked Cubase because compatibility. The iPad was my gateway to music production.
Developer Response ,
HI iamnotnewhereami, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating - greatly appreciated! We are unaware about any audio editing issues with Cubasis. Please give the following steps a try: (1) Got to "Media/Projects" and load the "Create New Project (Template). (2) Close all running apps, including Cubasis. (3) Fully shut down the iPad. Does Cubasis works as expected again, once relaunching the iPad and the app? Please let me know via your update review. If you want to further exchange with us, please file a bug report at our forum at steinberg.net/cubasisforum. Hope that helps!! Thanks and stay safe, Lars
The Most Stable Music App in the AppStore
I purchased Cubasis and Auria at the same time. Before Auria was known as Auria pro. I was making music on the iPad since the first beat maker app in 2007. I have to say that Cubasis is the most stable app there is of all the music apps in the App Store that I have and I have hundreds of dollars worth. I love the power combined with the simplicity that this app offers along with its flexibility to use IAA and AUs. But, all that means nothing without reliability. Which is what this app has when I save a project it is saved. When I put it in a zip file off load it to Dropbox or store it in an external drive erase it then reload it another day it is there!!!! So many other apps I have lost projects not Cubasis now even if I create in another app I export the stems to Cubasis for mixing and saving I don’t trust any other app for saving my projects.
If Cubasis had a sampler section like Beatmaker 3, if they get more Waves plug ins and get rid of their channel strip plug in and eq plug in taking up 2 slots, better levels meter, and the ability to do punch in recordings that record over audio the moment you hit record (the last one is not a biggie if you re-record until you get it right but if you love doing punch ins it’s a biggie). You will no longer need anything else but Cubasis hands down I promise you that!!!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2021
- In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays $6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX $6.99
- Classic Machines $6.99
- Waves Plug-in Bundle $19.99
- Micrologue ARP $4.99
- Waves Tune Real-Time $4.99
- Waves L1 Ultramaximizer $7.99
- Waves AudioTrack $7.99
- Waves Q10 Equalizer $7.99