*** CUBASIS 3 IS NOW AVAILABLE ***
Enjoy a brand-new and fully redesigned Cubasis app, which runs on the iPhone and iPad, and adds many user-requested features and improvements!
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great DAW .. with room to improve
I’ve tried a couple different DAWs on my iPad Air2 before switching to Cubasis2, and I’m happy I switched. Since I have a good amount of experience with recording apps I have found Cubasis2 to be well laid out and intuitive in design. But I do have a couple points for improvement: 1) no on screen level meter when recording ( when recording there’s just a swirling symbol, I have to do a test recording, stop and check to see how high my levels are), 2) the undo button directly above track one, (kinda picky, but how many times I’ve hit that accidentally) 3) Using a year old midi guitar app and having issues with it being available in the track Inter App Audio Input prefs section; received this response from the developer “We’re aware that Cubasis’s handling of IAA is somewhat cumbersome. Garageband’s handling of IAA feels totally different and mostly better imho, so there is room for improvement there on Steinberg’s side.”
Just passing that along .. Bottom line I like the results when I use Cubasis 2, and am looking forward to future updates.
Developer Response ,
Hi Strum27, Thank you very much for rating and reviewing Cubasis! Your suggestions will be added to our backlog. Thanks again! Best wishes, Lars
The Most Stable Music App in the AppStore
I purchased Cubasis and Auria at the same time. Before Auria was known as Auria pro. I was making music on the iPad since the first beat maker app in 2007. I have to say that Cubasis is the most stable app there is of all the music apps in the App Store that I have and I have hundreds of dollars worth. I love the power combined with the simplicity that this app offers along with its flexibility to use IAA and AUs. But, all that means nothing without reliability. Which is what this app has when I save a project it is saved. When I put it in a zip file off load it to Dropbox or store it in an external drive erase it then reload it another day it is there!!!! So many other apps I have lost projects not Cubasis now even if I create in another app I export the stems to Cubasis for mixing and saving I don’t trust any other app for saving my projects.
If Cubasis had a sampler section like Beatmaker 3, if they get more Waves plug ins and get rid of their channel strip plug in and eq plug in taking up 2 slots, better levels meter, and the ability to do punch in recordings that record over audio the moment you hit record (the last one is not a biggie if you re-record until you get it right but if you love doing punch ins it’s a biggie). You will no longer need anything else but Cubasis hands down I promise you that!!!!!
Next logical step up from Garageband
Have been trying out a couple apps in recent weeks in an effort to expand my mobile recording skills beyond iOS Garageband and this is the app I’ve decided to start learning and using. I tried n-Tracks Studio 9 and liked their interface but that app sounded terrible when recording audio tracks. I’ve actually had this app on my iPad a good while but couldn’t seem to quit messing with Garageband, so after the disappointing results with n-Tracks, I decided to give Cubasis another try and it sounds great. Garageband has SO many bad-sounding and useless virtual instruments (I still think the Alchemy Synth sounds were MUCH better before Apple bought them) and Cubasis’ virtual offerings seem to be much more impressive from the ones I’ve tried so far. And it records audio tracks beautifully. 4 stars for now until I’ve had more time kicking the tires with it, but I’m looking forward to doing a lot of recording with this.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your Cubasis review and rating, Rick57! We are glad to read, that you seem to enjoy using the app so far! Please stay safe and sound. Best wishes, Lars
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays $6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX $6.99
- Classic Machines $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.