Galactic Sale: Save 30% on Cubasis 3 and 50% on selected in-app purchases until May 17, 2021!
Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
Computer Music Editor’s Choice Award 2020・MusicTech Choice Award 2020・NAMM TEC Award Nominee 2021
"Cubasis 3 marks a great leap to the iPhone, and maintains Cubasis’ status as the DAW to beat on the iOS platform." — Computer Music
"Cubasis has always represented the best balance between features and usability in any iOS DAW/sequencer, and in Cubasis 3, Steinberg have raised a high bar even higher." — Sound On Sound
"Cubasis 3 is far and away the most powerful and user-friendly mobile DAW around." — ASK Audio
"Cubasis has been invaluable for me when I just need to create a quick demo before the plane lands." — Rob Swire (Dulum, Knife Party, Deadmau5)
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• Overdub and looper recording modes: Choose the best mode for your recordings
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI auto quantize
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
What’s New in Cubasis 3.3
Cubasis is unmatched when it comes to helping you create your music quickly and easily. Enjoy all of the great new professional features we've added, still with all the quick operation, ease of use and unparalleled usability that you rely on. Hook up your external controller to remotely control Cubasis via MIDI Learn, the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols. Use Audio Unit multi-out support to individually process instrument sounds or route instruments to discrete channels. Use sidechaining to create the pumping effect familiar in modern music… and so much more. Cubasis 3.3 lets you go pro with ease, while being creative and staying fully inspired.
Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!
・MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support
Easily control Cubasis remotely, via your external controller. Enable MIDI Learn and simply move a knob or fader on your controller to assign it to a selected parameter. What's more, you can load existing presets for your controller or save your own. And if your controller supports the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols, you're covered right away too. Yes, it's that easy.
・Audio Unit Instrument Multi Out support
Cubasis is designed to let you focus on creating music. Audio Unit Multi Output support lets you quickly assign the single instrument sounds of a drum kit to individual outputs, or allows you to route individual instruments to discrete channels. Of course, when using these features you can expect unparalleled usability. This really sets our award-winning Cubasis app apart from the crowd.
Use a few simple taps to create that classic, warm pumping sound we all love when listening to many genres of music — be it hip hop, pop, heavy techno… you name it. But there is so much more to it. Create punchy kicks, make vocals stand out in the mix or separate frequencies from each other. It’s super simple to set up and yet so powerful.
・Extended MIDI routing
Make use of extended MIDI routing options to create inspiring tracks in a snap. Modulate vocals to make them sound robotic, using the new extended MIDI routing options alongside our Waves Tune RT IAP or a third-party vocoder iOS app, manipulated via an existing MIDI track. Explore even more creative possibilities via advanced MIDI track-to-track routing options.
Music always comes first and we don't want anything to get in your way. We want to keep your creativity and enthusiasm flowing as smoothly as possible. Cubasis 3.3 includes many improvements which deliver the best possible performance with the utmost stability. For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions, please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Ratings and Reviews
Wow worth every penny works fest and GR8. just wold love multilayer sampling and combining sounds in the sampler and controlling the midi ccs thru midi I’m sure A lot of musician Will buy it also sf2 etc import thanks I really love it. on Cubasis 2 I had Maybe 2 months was just little hard but this won is just crazy thanks still needs some fixes stability the mute gets frozen some times the glue doesn’t behave well wold love to be able to control volume and knobs thru midi also DSP has to be fixed and in app plugins like wave crackles when using microsonic bass crackles some Times will have to wait a bit for a meager update. :UPDATE V301: Hi thanks for the update still waiting for some midi options mainly for when starching an audio should be detailed not unclear also to be able to see track in full screen the update is a GR8 1 this shows Cubasis is working hard the cpu can be a little better it’s much smother after new update but still sometimes spikes up also would love to see running Cubasis on external usb thru camera connection kit thanks keep up you GR8 work thanks
Developer Response ,
Hi moeh1, Thank you very much for your positive Cubase 3 review and rating. We hope to roll in exciting new things in the future! Thanks again! Best Lars
The best! Period.
Wow I have dreamed of a DAW like this one on mobile device for years. I dare anyone to name one that comes even close for audio recording mixed with midi. This is a portable recording studio. The integration with third party effects and virtual instruments is so smooth. I guess most of the bad reviews were left months ago when the app was still in its infancy but really, this app today deserves nothing less than 5 stars. I have used cubase on desktop my whole life and trust Steinberg to deliver awesome products. Even if the app starts with bugs they eventually make you a satisfied customer. You can even tell by the way almost every review here is address by a human. Try finding many developers like that.
This app looks beautiful on my iPad screen. It has all the essential features cubase has, down to the colorization of individual tracks. The way files, settings and features are managed and selected is pure genius. I could go on and on but i will let you judge for yourselves after downloading the lite version if you want to try first. I can safely recommend to any serious musician wanting to have a reliable mobile recording studio to just close their eyes and get Cubasis 3. Most issues you may have will eventually get resolved because the devs are listening, so what do you have to loose?
Developer Response ,
Hi Kushlion, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating! We are glad to read that you seem to enjoy using the app so far! We will try our best making the app better with every update! Please stay well & big thanks again! Best Lars
If you’re a professional musician...steer away.
Every update fixes one problem yet introduces another. And these are in or glitches that can be worked around but major glitches that completely shut down the workflow. When it wasnt complete crashes due to AUv3 compatibility, it was phantom clips moving all over the screen. And now the app just completely freezes all controls in the middle of editing. This has happened now in every project ive tried to work on recently. Every time i want to believe Cubasis is ready to go after a new update it disappoints me. Y’all have charged people way too much money in base price and add-ones to continuously have this many workflow-killing bugs. I keep coming back to it because ive already paid for it and I demand a better product that does what it is right now!
Potential means nothing if its not even close to being realized. Smh As far as its potential its should be a 5 star app...but due to it’s bugs it barely gets 2 stars from me. Ive never been more disappointed with an app purchase than with Cubasis 3.
Edit: If it isn’t one problem it’s another! Every update fixes one problem and then adds another. I invested my money with faith that this app would be better....it’s not. If you’re a professional musician, steer away.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mac Dramastic, Thank you for your updated review and rating. Please give the following steps a try: (1) Load an empty project (2) Close all running apps, including Cubasis (3) Fully shut down the iPad. Once restarted, are you able to reproduce the issues? If so, could the issues be related to 3rd party apps in use? Please let us know via your updated review and rating! Thanks & best wishes, Lars
--- --- ---
Hi Mac Dramastic, Thanks again for your review and rating. Please note that the "moving events" issue has been resolved in Cubasis 3.2.1, which has been released today. Alongside the update resolves the most frequent 3.2 issues, reported by our users. Please let us have your feedback via your updated review and rating. Thanks in advance! Stay well, Lars --- --- ---
Hi Mac Dramastic, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating. We are doing our best to make the app better with every update. And we keep up doing so, with the ones to come. We will make sure to have a closer look at your issues. If possible, please let us have more details about your AUv3 crashing issues. Plus, please make sure to let the 3rd party app vendors know about them too. Thanks again & stay safe! Best wishes, Lars.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Waves Tune Real-Time $1.99
- Waves Plug-in Bundle $9.99
- Classic Machines $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.