Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
Computer Music Editor’s Choice Award 2020・MusicTech Choice Award 2020・NAMM TEC Award Nominee 2021
"Cubasis 3 marks a great leap to the iPhone, and maintains Cubasis’ status as the DAW to beat on the iOS platform." — Computer Music
"Cubasis has always represented the best balance between features and usability in any iOS DAW/sequencer, and in Cubasis 3, Steinberg have raised a high bar even higher." — Sound On Sound
"Cubasis 3 is far and away the most powerful and user-friendly mobile DAW around." — ASK Audio
"Cubasis has been invaluable for me when I just need to create a quick demo before the plane lands." — Rob Swire (Dulum, Knife Party, Deadmau5)
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• Overdub and looper recording modes: Choose the best mode for your recordings
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI auto quantize
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
This supplemental update includes several improvements and fixes and is recommended for all Cubasis users.
More information can be found at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!
What's New in Cubasis 3.2
Cubasis is one of the fastest, most intuitive audio and MIDI DAWs available for mobile devices. Enjoy our biggest performance upgrade to date with Cubasis 3.2. Be inspired by the exclusive, pro-grade Waves plug-ins. Speed up your workflow with simple keyboard shortcuts, mouse support included. Create perfect-sounding songs, using many more third-party Audio Unit plug-ins in a single project than ever before… and much more. Simply put, Cubasis lets you focus on your music, while letting the software perform best on your chosen device.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
・Keyboard shortcut and mouse support
Cubasis is known for incomparable usability when it comes to touch operation. But it doesn't stop there. Prefer using a keyboard alongside your device instead? Perfect! Speed up your workflow with simple keyboard shortcuts to record, play, navigate, edit and more, creating great tracks at lightning speed. Cubase shortcuts and mouse support are included.
・Waves meets Cubasis. Chapter II.
After successfully partnering with Steinberg for their 25th Anniversary plug-in bundle a few years ago, Waves — the world's leading manufacturer of award-winning effects processors — once more teams up with us for their highly acclaimed Waves Tune Real-Time and H-Delay plug-ins, available exclusively through in-app purchase in Cubasis on iOS.
・Waves Tune Real-Time IAP
Your ultimate real-time pitch correction tool for vocals. A dream tool that helps vocalists stay in tune while singing, feel confident, and focus on the emotion of their performance. Waves Tune Real-Time provides smooth, natural-sounding vocal pitch correction, instantly and automatically. And it’s exclusively available through Cubasis in-app purchase on iOS.
・Waves H-Delay now included in Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP
From classic old school PCM42-style effects like filtering, flanging and phasing, to slap-back echo, ping-pong delay and tempo-sync with modulation, H-Delay delivers the goods. Controlled by a super-intuitive interface that lets you get straight down to business, it is exclusively available in the Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP, including a free update for existing users!
・Multicore-rendering and improved Audio Unit performance
Create your music without limits. Cubasis gives you the freedom to use many more third-party Audio Unit instruments and effects plug-ins simultaneously than ever before. Multicore rendering support exploits the potential of newer devices to their utmost. What does this all mean for you? Simply focus on your song, and let Cubasis do the rest.
Cubasis is always at your side, providing you with the best possible user experience, the highest performance and rock-solid stability when capturing your inspiration. As well as all the great new features, Cubasis 3.2 provides many more user-requested improvements and fixes throughout the application. For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions, please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
When using Audio Unit plug-ins with Cubasis 3.2, we strongly recommend that you update your iPhone and iPad devices to iOS/iPadOS 14.2, which resolves several Audio Unit-related problems.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow worth every penny works fest and GR8. just wold love multilayer sampling and combining sounds in the sampler and controlling the midi ccs thru midi I’m sure A lot of musician Will buy it also sf2 etc import thanks I really love it. on Cubasis 2 I had Maybe 2 months was just little hard but this won is just crazy thanks still needs some fixes stability the mute gets frozen some times the glue doesn’t behave well wold love to be able to control volume and knobs thru midi also DSP has to be fixed and in app plugins like wave crackles when using microsonic bass crackles some Times will have to wait a bit for a meager update. :UPDATE V301: Hi thanks for the update still waiting for some midi options mainly for when starching an audio should be detailed not unclear also to be able to see track in full screen the update is a GR8 1 this shows Cubasis is working hard the cpu can be a little better it’s much smother after new update but still sometimes spikes up also would love to see running Cubasis on external usb thru camera connection kit thanks keep up you GR8 work thanks
Developer Response ,
Hi moeh1, Thank you very much for your positive Cubase 3 review and rating. We hope to roll in exciting new things in the future! Thanks again! Best Lars
The best! Period.
Wow I have dreamed of a DAW like this one on mobile device for years. I dare anyone to name one that comes even close for audio recording mixed with midi. This is a portable recording studio. The integration with third party effects and virtual instruments is so smooth. I guess most of the bad reviews were left months ago when the app was still in its infancy but really, this app today deserves nothing less than 5 stars. I have used cubase on desktop my whole life and trust Steinberg to deliver awesome products. Even if the app starts with bugs they eventually make you a satisfied customer. You can even tell by the way almost every review here is address by a human. Try finding many developers like that.
This app looks beautiful on my iPad screen. It has all the essential features cubase has, down to the colorization of individual tracks. The way files, settings and features are managed and selected is pure genius. I could go on and on but i will let you judge for yourselves after downloading the lite version if you want to try first. I can safely recommend to any serious musician wanting to have a reliable mobile recording studio to just close their eyes and get Cubasis 3. Most issues you may have will eventually get resolved because the devs are listening, so what do you have to loose?
Developer Response ,
Hi Kushlion, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating! We are glad to read that you seem to enjoy using the app so far! We will try our best making the app better with every update! Please stay well & big thanks again! Best Lars
Could easily have been 5 stars, but weird design choices hinder
This is a great app for the most part. About everything you would expect from a DAW that you would even find on a desktop. However, there are 2 borderline absurd oversights for this DAW that will keep me in BeatMaker 3 and from purchasing any IAPs until these are fixed: pencil support and MIDI learn! It’s insane that you can use the pencil for some things but not others, and for iPadOS producers this is basically like telling a Mac user to use only a ball mouse from the 90s instead of whatever mouse they choose. Not having MIDI learn is super crippling as far as automation is concerned. It prevents proper use of knobs and faders defecates on potential or existing workflows.
EDIT: Developer response leaves me hopeful. When these 2 features get me implemented I will up the review to 5 stars, which is what it will deserve then. For now I put it up to 4 stars from 3 for the promise of these features being implemented and the developers listening.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dave Millions, Thank you very much for your Cubasis review and rating. Please note that Cubasis 3.0.1 has been released today, and addresses manyuser-related topics. Our focus is now on the Apple Pencil issue which has reached beta status as I'm writing this, aimed to be resolved in 3.0.2 (expected to be released end of March 2020). MIDI Learn is on our list for a future update. If you want to test out the Apple Pencil fix before the 3.0.2 release, please get in touch with me through our forum at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum. Thanks Lars
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Machines $6.99
- Waves Plug-in Bundle $19.99
- Waves Tune Real-Time $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.