Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
MIPA AWARD 2017・TASTENWELT PRODUCT AWARD 2015・FUTURE MUSIC GEAR OF THE YEAR AWARD 2014・MIA AWARD 2013
"Cubasis is a serious proposition for music production on iPad." — Ask.Audio
"Cubasis is another serious piece of music creation software." — DJ Mag
"Cubasis is the new standard for mobile DAWs." — Smitematter
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too." — MusicTech.net
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• A brand-new Cubasis: The next gen mobile music creation app
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Cubasis for iPhone: Create great music in the palm of your hand
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• Overdub and looper recording modes: Choose the best mode for your recordings
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Improvements and maintenance: Enjoy the highest performance and rock-solid stability
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI auto quantize
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis 3 users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis 3, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow worth every penny works fest and GR8. just wold love multilayer sampling and combining sounds in the sampler and controlling the midi ccs thru midi I’m sure A lot of musician Will buy it also sf2 etc import thanks I really love it. on Cubasis 2 I had Maybe 2 months was just little hard but this won is just crazy thanks still needs some fixes stability the mute gets frozen some times the glue doesn’t behave well wold love to be able to control volume and knobs thru midi also DSP has to be fixed and in app plugins like wave crackles when using microsonic bass crackles some Times will have to wait a bit for a meager update. :UPDATE V301: Hi thanks for the update still waiting for some midi options mainly for when starching an audio should be detailed not unclear also to be able to see track in full screen the update is a GR8 1 this shows Cubasis is working hard the cpu can be a little better it’s much smother after new update but still sometimes spikes up also would love to see running Cubasis on external usb thru camera connection kit thanks keep up you GR8 work thanks
Developer Response ,
Hi moeh1, Thank you very much for your positive Cubase 3 review and rating. We hope to roll in exciting new things in the future! Thanks again! Best Lars
Still Very Buggy
I have Cubasis 2 and Cubase 10 on desktop. I can see where they tried to lay the groundwork for additional features over time but the app is extremely buggy. It freezes and crashes a lot. It should not have been released in this state just to offer iPhone users a version of Cubasis as well as group tracks. I hope Cubasis 3 is updated soon because as it stands it is definitely not worth $50 and if you have Cubasis 2 don’t waste your money. I find myself using Korg gadget 2 and BeatMaker 3 a lot more and either sending it to Cubasis 2 or exporting my tracks to my laptop to finish in Cubase 10. Hold off on purchasing Cubasis 3 is my advice unless you just want to be loyal. I bought it out of curiosity to see if it was as bad as the reviews claimed and I agree it is.
Update: still buggy after the update. Opened a Cubasis 2 project after the update and it still won’t load all the tracks. Manually added each audio track and it caused Cubasis 3 to crash 2X. It still freezes (example: when selecting tracks, moving events, etc.) It will probably be a while before this app is as stable as Cubasis 2 and even longer before it can be the trend setter it once was but don’t give up steinberg, it’s just no ready.
Developer Response ,
Hi tdmsreview, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating! Please get in touch with us via our forum at steinberg.net/cubasisforum to exchange about your issues. If we're able to reproduce them, there is a good chance to see them fixed. Thanks Lars
I am just confused.
I have been a loyal Steinberg customer for many years and this was my first foray into their mobile offerings as I just got a new iPad, but I am sad to say that this product does not match the quality of their products. It seems rushed and incomplete. I found out after purchasing that the sampler edit functionality isn’t even included in the initial release. Now I have to wait until at least end of March. Really？That is very basic DAW stuff. Not to mention the instability and crackling with IAA apps. I would have much preferred they waited to release until it was perfect. It has a lot of potential to be the best iOS DAW but it has left a bad taste in my mouth about Steinberg and how they treat their customers. When I spend 50 bucks on an app I expect it to work as intended and at the very least be fully functional on release. Very disappointed. I know they are diligently trying to fix it but it still baffles me how it could be released like this. Some features I hope they include in the future are the ability to use search terms in the media bay and side chain compression at the minimum.
Developer Response ,
Hi placeholdername28482726, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating. Cubasis 3.0.2 is available as of today, and brings back the MiniSampler edit feature, Apple Pencil support and resolves several user-reported problems. We hope you enjoy the update! Thanks Lars
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Machines $2.99
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays $2.99
- Micrologue ARP Arpeggiator $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.