Cubit lets you measure distances with its Ruler tool, visualize the size of objects with its Box tool, and see how your photos look on a wall with its Photo Frame tool. Everything you do is saved in the History tool. Unlike other “AR ruler” apps, Cubit's intuitive UI makes it easy to take accurate measurements.
Cubit features include:
• Ruler tool - measures distance between points. You can put as many ruler lines in the scene as you like and they're tappable so they can be deleted. The measurement label on the line follows the camera so that it's always visible.
• Box tool - visualize the size and position of objects of all kinds. For example, if you're thinking about buying a couch, you can lay a box down of that exact size to see if it will fit in your space. You can then measure around it with the Ruler tool.
• Photo Frame tool – put your photos in a virtual frame and see how they look on your wall. Choose from 4 different frame styles.
• History tool - see all your previous measurements. Any time you create a ruler line or a box, a photo is automatically taken and stored in History. You can also snap a photo of the scene to History at any time.
• Boxes and ruler lines can be placed next to each other so, for example, you could see how much room you'd have from your new couch to the wall next to it.
• All lines and boxes are selectable and removable.
— What kinds of things can Cubit measure?
Cubit is best at measuring across horizontal flat surfaces, but can also measure vertical surfaces with less accuracy.
— What devices does Cubit work with?
Cubit uses Apple's ARKit technology which requires iOS 11 or newer on an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPad Pro, or 9.7-inch iPad (2017 or newer).
— How accurate is Cubit?
In our testing with ideal conditions (flat horizontal surface and good lighting), measuring accuracy is around 99%. For vertical surfaces, double-check that the start and end points are correct as you measure. If they are, the measurement should have the same accuracy.
— How can I access previous measurements or virtual boxes I placed?
Use the included History tool! Cubit automatically takes photos of lines and boxes as you place them, and is even smart enough to automatically update its snapshots if it sees a better photo opportunity arise.
— Why “Cubit”?
Glad you asked! The cubit is a unit of measurement used by multiple ancient civilizations.
- Cubit is now free for a limited time!
- Other small iOS 13 bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, just what I needed before a move
Luckily AR measuring apps came out just as I’m looking at new apartments. Cubit has a simple and easy to use interface; it was very fast to add box shapes to the rooms I was checking out to help visualize if my furniture would comfortably fit in a space. I also found the ruler to be pretty accurate in good lighting conditions. Def worth the $1!
Quick and Easy Measurements
This is a great way to get quick measurements. Great if, like me, you can never find a tape measure when you need one. It’s super helpful when trying to rearrange a room or get furniture. The app is simple and easy to use and quite accurate in my experiences. The saved history is also super handy.
Great for picking furniture
I’m about to buy a new wardrobe but wasn’t sure if it would look too big for the room- the box feature worked perfectly to test out a few sizes! It auto-saves snapshots of how the different sizes look for later reference and sharing, too, which is helpful. Hooray AR to the rescue!
- Made by Windmill, LLC
- 13 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Made by Windmill, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Trial Mode $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.