This curling simulator was originally developed to help new curlers in FamilyCurling.com programs learn all aspect of curling including: how rocks curl, where to place the broom, the impact of sweeping, and strategy.
The simulator turned out to be so much fun to play, that we decided to make it available as an app to hopefully get more people interested in curling.
More functionality will soon be added to help youth curling teams and coaches improve their skills within this fun interactive environment.
It doesn't have a computer opponent yet, but we have found it is just as fun to play both teams rocks. Why watch the computer play, when you can shoot the rock yourself? Of course it works great to play against the person sitting beside you :)
We are passionate about curling and hope this inspires your passion for the game.
If you would like to learn more about curling or would like to start a family curling program at your curling club, please visit familycurling.com.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Now you can setup difficult shots by moving the rocks around on the ice.
Thanks for the suggestions! It was great to see the request for a training mode the same day we were submitting the Setup Shots functionality to the store :)
All other suggestions are being considered or are in the works.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy but addictive :)
+ WOW! Thanks for adding training mode to the game.
+ make stones ligther because now is impossible to play double runback takeout or even almost impossible to play just easy double in the house due to high weight of stones.
+ give the user possibility of rewind the shot (especially in "training mode")
+ make ice to curl more
Thank you for creating this game, it's really nice to see the other curling game on AppStore. Especially the recreational mode is just amazing and a good idea! :)
And also thanks for adding an 8 ends game.
There are my tips for improving this game:
- implement free guard zone (5 stones - new rule)
- when you close app your running match doesn't save, please make it possible
- you can also add save button to the match screen/load button to the main menu
- online multiplayer could be amazing :)
- add mixed doubles mode
- try to make takeout the stones which are behind the cover (guard) more easier, because now is this almost impossible, in real life curling it's hard but not that impossible
- add 10 ends mode, user is able to switch between 8 and 10 ends match before start them
I hope this ideas will help you in the future developing of this game.
Thank you in advice.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Derek Kunz
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Derek Kunz
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.