The acclaimed console arcade game created by Locomalito finally arrives to iOS in the most portable and better looking version ever!
► 9 / 10 - Nintendo Life - Cursed Castilla is a punishing but ultimately rewarding love letter to the classic action platformers of the coin-op industry's golden years.
► 9 / 10 - VidaExtra - A necessary experience that you will enjoy as you used to enjoy in the 80s or 90s.
► 8,5 / 10 - Hobby Consolas - It's a video game made with passion, [...] and, also, one of the best current retro video games that we've played.
► 8 / 10 - Brash Games - The game is old school through and through, and makes no apologies for providing an experience on par with the classic Capcom platformers of yesteryear.
► 8 / 10 - GameSpew - Anyone looking for a challenging action-packed 2D adventure won’t go far wrong with Cursed Castilla.
The tears of a young witch have been turned into a key by a demon to open a gateway to hell.
In Cursed Castilla, one takes the role of Don Ramiro, a knight appointed by King Alphonse VI, to fight and banish the evil invading the lands of Tolomera.
Don Ramiro will face mouras, Ojáncanos, Nuberus and Malismos: creatures from the European folklore, as well as from chivalric romances such as Amadís de Gaula. For that, one will use a different range of weapons to defeat the enemies, in a pure classic arcade action style.
● Compatible with MFi controllers.
● Haptic vibration.
● iCloud support.
● Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
● Play in landscape or portrait orientation.
● Explore Tolomera del Rey in depth through 8 game stages.
● Fight against more than 48 types of enemies and 19 final bosses.
● Depending on the mission success, meet 1 of the 4 different possible endings.
● Know all the myths featured in the game with the illustrated bestiary.
● Brag about your combat skills with 15 unlockable achievements.
● Yell your battle cry with the songs of the original soundtrack.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Five Stars With Better Controls
Loving this. Fun, retro, well-designed, except for this set of controls, which have me considering deleting from my phone. The enjoyment I see in it has not translated well to my experience, which is stuttering fingers and loss of hearts faster than I can get them. Five stars when/if fixed.
Developer Response ,
Working on it. We will continue updating and improving the experience. Thank you for the feedback.
Fantastic port of my favorite indie game!
I was overjoyed when I found this in the App Store. I built a small arcade cabinet just for the original Maldita Castilla. This has made my day!
Good little game..
However, the controls should be more precise for this type of a game. Also, for better or worse, there should be an option to go full screen.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. Definitely we will add the full screen feature on the next update
- Abylight SL
- 133.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Abylight Studios SA licensed by Locomalito and Gryzor87
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.