- I want left/right keys anyway!
- I am not good at moving a cursor using a magnifying glass!
- I cannot move a cursor to the place between i & i!
This app is a keyboard which is specialized to move a cursor for you!
- return (It becomes "Search" etc. according to input field type.)
- Next Keyboard
- Paste (text only)
(For paste key, a settings is needed. Please see "Paste Settings" tab in the app. If not, it becomes "space" key. )
[Keys which work with only some apps. (*)]
- ⇖: Basically, move to the previous paragraph start position.
- ⇘: Basically, move to the next paragraph end position.
- beginning: Basically, move to the previous sentence start position.
- end: Basically, move to the next sentence end position.
- prev.word: Basically, move to the previous word start position.
- next word: Basically, move to the next word end position.
(*) These keys work with only some applications. It does not work with Safari and so on. We confirmed it works with Mail and Notes apps (the latest version of 31st October, 2014).
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Modified the default language to English when the language setting of iOS is neither English nor Japanese.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a die-hard Blackberry user, not a fan of the "iWay" and its minimalist interface, so when I received an iPad as a present it has been no end of frustration to navigate around in text-entry fields. This Cursor Keyboard application goes a long way towards correcting the fundamental flaws Apple designed into the iPad interface.
It may not be allowed by the keyboard API but one thing that would be a huge help would be having the ability to anchor the cursor with a key press as the first step in using the arrow keys to select a block of text. Dragging "handles" about is awkward and too imprecise for my fat fingers.
Perfect when you need cursor keys. For years this is the only additional keyboard that I’ve enabled. By only using this keyboard and the default keyboard I can quickly switch between them when I need cursor keys. I use it on iPad and iPhone. It is great on both. It is baffling that Apple doesn’t offer cursor keys on the default keyboard. Bravo to this developer.
Pretty good - only one out there.
This is the only solution out there for having easy to use arrow keys, etc.
For the life of me, I do not understand why Apple does not add arrow keys to the keyboard for iOS. Apple has them only for certain screen orientations (landscape) and certain devices. Arrow keys need to be universal.
This is the best substitute I have found.
Very easy to use. Just hit the globe key and it pops up. It can be hard to get to, if you have multiple keyboards installed, as the globe key will try to bring up all of your keyboards. I recommend having just your main keyboard and this keyboard installed.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alcor Inc.
- 1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © alcor, inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.