Custom Cam allows you to fully control your iPhone’s camera.
You can switch between full manual mode, automatic shutter speed or ISO mode and full auto mode.
Custom Cam has a 3D Touch shutter button that emulates the half-press of traditional cameras.
Custom cam now supports the iPhone 7+'s second lens!
You can now customise the function buttons by long pressing on them like you would with the icons on your homescreen.
The Best Professional iPhone Camera App Yet
-Sean Molin, Fstoppers.com
Custom Cam is one of the best iPhone camera apps out there
-Jeremy Gray, imaging-resource.com
The app also features:
- Manual, auto and face detect focus
- A very intuitive swipe based system for changing the shutter speed, ISO, focus, white balance and exposure compensation.
- A light-meter, that anybody who has ever used a camera in manual mode will be familiar with.
- Two assignable buttons on screen.
- The option to capture as RAW DNG files (on the iPhone 6S, 6S plus, SE, 7 and 7 plus)
The 3D Touch shutter button allows you to lock focus and/or exposure with a half-press.
The half-press is achieved by touching the button, to take a picture simply press deeper.
You can set either of the on-screen buttons to be the 3D Touch shutter button, a focus lock button, an exposure lock button or a traditional shutter button.
Or just turn the second button off for a cleaner ui.
Changing the camera’s settings is done via a set of intuitive swipe gestures, which are very easy to learn.
For example: if your phone is in the landscape orientation, just swipe left or right across the screen on the half which contains the iso label to change the iso value.
A full explanation of all available gestures is found by pressing the in app help button.
Custom Cam works on all iPhones running iOS 10 or higher.
- Custom Cam now supports the iPhone 7+'s second lens!
- Haptic feedback has been added to the UI (on iPhone 7 and 7+)
- Many bug fixes and tweaks
- Added some slightly slower shutter speeds
- Fixed some bugs
- Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
App poorly responds to swiping and touch gestures.
Doesn't work well on 6s plus.
Crashes when trying to display camera roll. Help screen won't advance. Controls seem sluggish at times. I hope future updates fix problems because it has great potential.
Why all the good reviews online?
This app is super buggy and on an iPhone 6s it crashes constantly. Five stars for their PR company.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.