Insurance is broken. So we’ve ditched the small print, cut out the middlemen and got rid of the outdated systems.
We offer short-term insurance for cars, vans and learner drivers - as well as single trip travel insurance.
It takes minutes to sign up through the app. Once you’ve made your account, you can buy an insurance policy in seconds.
• Sign up in minutes, buy in seconds
• 24/7 customer support, with a 1-minute average response time
• Buy policies, view your documents and chat to us - all through the app
Jet-setting? With Cuvva, you can get single trip holiday insurance in the app in minutes. Plus:
• Medical cover up to £5m
• Cover for over 150 sports and activities as standard - add ski insurance in just a few taps
• Adjustable baggage and equipment cover
• Choose your excess
Temporary car insurance
Borrow a car. Share the trip. Get driving in minutes. With Cuvva, you can get fully comprehensive car insurance for hours, days, weeks, or even a month (28 days).
Download the app and get a quote to get started.
Need short-term cover on your van? Get van insurance for as little as 1 hour, or as long as 28 days.
Learner driver insurance
Practice makes perfect. If you need a little more time behind the wheel, you can get insurance with Cuvva for just 1 hour.
Our learner driver insurance is fully comprehensive, and the owner’s no-claims bonus isn’t affected.
Here’s the need-to-know bit.
We do have a few restrictions on who we can cover. Take a look before you download the app.
Temporary car and van insurance - you have to:
• Have a GB driving licence from the DVLA
• Be at least 19 - and if you’re younger than 21, you have to have held your licence for at least a year, with no at-fault (or joint-fault) claims on your insurance
• Be under 65
• Have a vehicle less than 20 years old
There are also restrictions on car insurance groups. Essentially, the more valuable the car, the longer you have to have been driving.
Learner driver insurance - you have to:
• Be at least 17, and under 55
• Have a provisional licence
• Be with a supervisor (they need to be older than 21, with at least 3 years’ driving experience)
Travel insurance - you have to be:
• Be aged 16-55, if you’re the main policyholder (if you’re not, you can still be added to someone else’s policy)
• Meet the medical requirements (you can get a full list in the app)
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you. Our customer support team is available all day, every day.
Cuvva is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA reference number is 690273. You can check our details on register.fca.org.uk.
Notifications are now way better!
When your motor insurance is due to end, we'll pop up a helpful notification that includes the make, model and reg number (really useful for those of you insuring multiple vehicles!)
And as always some little bug fixes and a load of little tweaks to the screens all over the app to make things look better.
Ratings and Reviews
Such a wonderful app! Super easy to use, and the team at Cuvva are so unbelievably kind.
Please add USA driver Licence holders to drive in UK Ty.
Displays false information to collect personal data
App requested registration for vehicle and displayed an estimated quote based on vehicle. In order to get a confirmed quote I had to provide personal information such as selfie, physical address and copy of license. After providing all personal information I was then prompted saying that they are unable to insure the same car they provided the quote for, not because of me, but because of the type of car, even though this was known prior to reaching this step. Waste of time and now I feel my data may be used for ulterior purposes.
- Cuvva Limited
- 107.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Cuvva Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.