***CyberCook is now compatible with the CyberQ Wi-Fi(™) and CyberQ Cloud(™) BBQ pit temperature control systems.***
Note: This app requires the CyberQ Wi-Fi (™) or CyberQ Cloud (™) device (sold separately).
CyberCook is the ultimate companion app for the CyberQ Wi-Fi (™) BBQ pit temperature control system. Remotely control and monitor all facets of pit operation right from your iPad. Setup and connection are extremely easy in adhoc or infrastructure mode. Sleep easy and worry-free while you’re pit smokes the BBQ you love. If any pit parameter exceeds your customized settings, CyberCook will wake you up so you can make adjustments.
CyberCook is designed for both recreational and competition pitmasters. “The 2007 World BBQ Champion team Moonswiners used CyberCook extensively over the 2013 competition season and stated, “CyberCook is the ultimate companion app for the CyberQ Wi-Fi (™). We use it at every competition and can’t imagine competing without it."
CyberCook includes the following features:
• Easy setup and connection in adhoc/hotspot or infrastructure mode.
• Save favorite connection settings to easily switch between devices or Wi-Fi networks.
• Connect at home or remotely while away from home.
• Remotely set and monitor pit and food temperatures.
• Aural and visual alarms activate if pit temperature deviates from user-specified threshold and when each meat reaches the user-specified done temperature.
• Aural and visual alarms activate if app loses connection to CyberQ device or in the event of a CyberQ power failure.
• Enter custom names for each food for easy identification.
• Supports both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales.
• Remotely set device settings such as ramp mode, alarm deviation, open lid detect, fan cycle time, proportional band, Wi-Fi settings, etc.
• Customize app settings such as device refresh interval, recording interval and alarm inhibits.
• Record your entire cook session for review both during and after the cook. Parameters recorded include all temperatures and temp set-points as well as session meta-data such as event name, date, pit, charcoal, smoking woods and personal notes.
• Automatically download real-time weather during your cook. Weather information is saved along with other session information for later review.
• Save detailed information about your cook and each food including photos.
• Take photos with the built-in Que Cam and save to your cook session or import photos from your photo library.
• Graph pit and food temperatures and set-points for your entire cook session including detailed information about each plot-point. De-clutter the graph to display only the information you are currently interested in.
• Select from five different graph themes.
• Add customized events to your session graph for later review.
• Display two cook session graphs at once to compare session progress.
• Use the graph during your cook session to track pit history and make informed decisions on modifying your cook.
• Export cook sessions in PDF, CSV, XML and PLIST formats. Print or email session reports or export session reports to other apps such as Dropbox and iBooks. Save sessions to iTunes file sharing.
• All new notification center. Add alerts for time or pit/food probe temps. Get aural alerts at one minute and/or five degrees from user-entered setpoint. Alerts can be repeating or non-repeating.
• Share cook sessions with other iPads running CyberCook or import from iTunes file sharing.
- Fixes an issue that may cause a crash when exporting cook sessions.
- Other minor bug fixes and user interface enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Really works great but a couple of things
love the app and the display. it gets the job done. i have the ipad and the mini version. the only complaint i have is that i cant figure out how to make it shut up the done alarm when i pull meat out and start a new session. it seems to keep the done state even though i have new meats in. could be user error. also i REALLY wish the mini version supported the apple watch. keep up the good work.
Beautiful display and very functional
The Cyber Q is not the most intuitive device out there and this app presents all the info in such an easy to navigate interface it is a pleasure to use. I just wish I didn’t need to buy one for my iPad and iPhone separately. But it is still worth the money,
Beautiful, Functional, Easy
CyberCook for iPad is a beautiful app whose beauty is more than skin deep! Taylored specifically for the CyberQ WiFi BBQ Guru, it's designed for competition but is equally effective for backyard pit masters. Intuitive, carefully thought out and organized, it is a joy to use. This app also comes with a user's guide that is more thourough than most software, nicely documented with helpful screenshots. Connection to my home WiFi was quick and easy with excellent personal support from the developer if necessary, at least in my case when I experienced an initial connection problem that turned out to be a transmission glitch, not a software issue.
CyberCook for iPad takes advantage of the footprint and resolution of the iPad to effectively showcase the features and capability of the CyberQ while adding features and capability of its own, like notes, graphs, multiple timers and a running history of your cooks. A CyberCook Mini for iPhone version is also available. It's functionality is the same but the layout and presentation are personalized for the smaller form factor of the iPhone
If you're a CyberQ WiFi user, this app will make your CyberQ easier and more fun to use.
Disclosure: I have no relation to the developer or iPortable Solutions LLC. I discovered this app accidentily while browsing online and I paid for it just like anyone else. I have only personally used CyberCook for iPad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.