Reyburn CyberTuner, the pro piano technician’s gold standard tuning software tool for over 22 years. Over three years in development for iOS including a year of intensive testing by master piano technicians around the world!
This is a professional piano technicians’ tuning tool and is priced accordingly. The 17+ rating reflects only the price. There is no Mature/Suggestive content, or any objectionable content of any kind. We expect users to already know piano tuning basics and have their own tuning equipment.
What makes Reyburn CyberTuner for iOS (or “iRCT”) superior to other tuning software? Ease of use. Clarity of functions. Intuitive and thoughtful design and programming by a Registered Piano Technician member of the PTG with years of concert tuning and prep experience as well as “in the trenches” home tunings and repairs. The piano tuning knowledge base of scores of RPTs. Flexibility to tune the way you want with unbelievable accuracy. Support by the creator, by either personal email (international) or toll-free phone (in the US & Canada) for registered users. Email listserv support is free for registered CyberTuner users.
• New for iRCT! Concert Tune mode combines the best of Fine Tune and Smart Tune but customized for 7 foot (210cm) and 9 foot (275cm) concert instruments.
• NEW! Aural Tutor expert system analyzes your aural tuning and suggests intervals and check notes for improving your aural skills.
• Extraordinarily accurate and fast pitch correction with iRCT’s Smart Tune and Pitch Raise modes. These modes use a US Patented expert system to individually predict every note on the piano.
• iRCT creates aural-quality tunings by directly matching sampled partials, just as concert aural tuners do.
• iRCT accommodates all experience levels, giving beginning tuners a very simple interface, but offers advanced tuners customizable stretch choices.
• iRCT is an “expert system” which automatically senses and compensates for short scaling in spinets, small grands, etc.
• iRCT creates musical tunings from low bass to high treble because accurate multi-partial samples (to .01¢) are taken across a wide array of sample notes (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and A6).
• Faster and higher resolution spinner than ever before gives you unsurpassed stability and unisons.
• Occasional internet connection (once a month) required to calibrate A440.
An iRCT license includes Standard Mode (ability to tune a 13 note temperament from A3 to A4) plus a FREE one (1) year subscription to CyberCare which upgrades the mode to Premium (tune 88 notes). Also included with a CyberCare subscription are free upgrades to any new iRCT features, CyberCloud calibration, and support. See "In-App Purchases" for CyberCare price in local currency. If your CyberCare Subscription lapses, iRCT will continue to function in original Standard mode.
In subsequent years CyberCare one year subscriptions may be purchased in-app with automatic renewal option:
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
The iRCT software includes a single user license. iRCT may be used to tune pianos (or any keyboard instrument) on one and only one iOS device at a time, but may be installed on multiple iOS devices.
THE ABOVE IS ONLY A SYNOPSIS OF PART OF THE CYBERTUNER END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA). REFER TO THE EULA FOR FULL DETAILS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE EULA TERMS, DO NOT PURCHASE A CYBERTUNER LICENSE.
Added CyberEar Landscape mode clock and battery status display for iOS 10 and later iPhones.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a professional piano technician with 37 years experience, and started using Cybertuner almost 20 years ago-not long after Dean developed it for Macintosh. (Haha, I think I still have the floppy disk somewhere- serial number 73). I lugged my laptop to work for years so I could use RCT. With each new incarnation of the program I eagerly upgraded- with development of the Windows version I moved to a Pocket PC (which by the way I struggled with, being a Mac guy). But RCT on that device was a seamless transition. And when iRCT was announced I was overjoyed! Now my iPad mini running iRCT and FileMaker Go accompany me everywhere there is a piano, and there are a lot of them in my life. I owe much of my success to Reyburn CyberTuner. Thank you Dean!
FINALLY--string section/break parameters are saved for each tuning record (right in the tuning file) and are recalled and entered automatically each time a tuning is selected in Smart Tune mode (and Pitch Raise also). Piano tuning is tedious enough ;)
Next on my personal feature wish list might be a scrollable index (and maybe also a search box) in the Open Files screen, just like it is in the Tunings screen. With institutional clients having multiple (or many) pianos, it just seems to make for better organization and ease of use to have one tuning file for clients with numerous pianos, and perhaps one file per class of client with only one to several pianos (for example, private, church, school, piano teacher clients, etc.).
Nonetheless, iRCT is a remarkable product in so many ways, and I sure don't miss the old Pocket PC/Pocket RCT... But the CyberCare subscription for $80 every year is certainly debatable, if not outright questionable, especially given the $1,000 original purchase price and the limited number of updates and feature additions. Besides, just how many truly useful features can even be added to software like this over time?
When I started tuning a few years ago, the app was great. Now, understanding all the aspects of it, it has been the results astounding. The app easily! Pays for itself and the quality result is well worth the investment.
The P12 option has allowed me to generate insanely neat results on spinets and pianos commonly thought of as “junk” - a few calculations, and voila! Even “ye olde” sounds great. Not to say, it also has helped tremendously to have sub-bass option when tuning Bosendorfer Imperials.
- Dean Reyburn
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Reyburn Piano Service, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- CyberCare Subscription $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.