CZ Touch is a patch editor for the Casio CZ series of synthesizers. If you have a CZ-101, CZ-1000, CZ-3000, CZ-5000, or CZ-1 then this is the editor for you! CZ Touch gives you touch-based control over all of the voice parameters on your CZ synthesizer. Just make a change on the screen, and the change is instantly sent to your synthesizer.
CZ Touch especially shines in giving you direct, easy control over the 8-stage envelopes on your synth. No more menu diving to create a complex envelope.
Here are some more features:
* Save patches to your iOS device, with names. Organize them into folders
* Share/export your patches via email: patches are saved as sysex files that can be transmitted to your synthesizer by a sysex program.
* Import patch files (.syx and .zip files) from other apps
* Copy/Paste envelopes between DCO, DCW, and DCA
* Create random patches
* Copy the current patch from your synth to your iOS device, for further editing
Use this app either with a MIDI adapter for your iOS device, or via a wireless MIDI connection to your Mac or PC, with your CZ synthesizer connected to your Mac or PC via MIDI.
* A Casio CZ synthesizer (CZ-101, CZ-1000, CZ-3000, CZ-5000, or CZ-1)
* A MIDI adapter for your iOS device, OR a Mac or PC connected to your CZ via MIDI and a wi-fi connection between your Mac or PC and your iOS device.
NOTE: This app does NOT make any sound! It's just an editor for your Casio CZ synthesizer. If you don't have a Casio CZ synthesizer, this app won't do anything useful for you.
This app is not affiliated or endorsed by Casio. It's just an app I made to fill a need!
* Made improvements to the MIDI settings screen.
* Fixed bugs that caused some patches to crash the editor.
Ratings and Reviews
So happy someone made this!
Had a CZ-101 WAY back in the 80's, my first synth ever. Loved that thing! Once I found out someone had created an Editor for it, my nostalgia kicked in and I went and bought one off eBay just to be able to utilize this. Amazing! The developer was gracious enough to quickly respond to a couple glitches I had (not the app's fault, but a problem with the internal patches on the used CZ-101). Once I cleared that hurdle, I've been SysEx'ing patches back and forth into CZ Touch. Great to be able to edit the patches on-screen rather than menu diving on the CZ itself. FANTASTIC! Do yourself a favor: if you own a CZ that this app supports, get this app IMMEDIATELY! Well worth the asking price! Thanks, Coffeeshopped!
I had been eyeing up CZ series synths for awhile because of the classic tones that were created on them. I was hesitant because of the user interface. Well, once I saw CZ touch, I knew that those complex envelopes would be a breeze to program.
CZ touch is amazing and it just works brilliantly. The patch saving directly to your phone eliminates the need to worry about batteries or even a working lcd screen on the CZ itself. It's easy to use and the customer support matches how great this app is. Thanks for creating this!
Works Like a Charm
While the CZ synths are not as much of a bear to program as a DX7, this app makes creating patches a breeze with the visual information it provides. I'm working with it over a wireless MIDI connection in my studio patching a CZ-101, 5000 & CZ-1. While the price might seem steep to some I still highly recommend it for serious synthesists. Keep the updates coming!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.