D.C. Bikes — A One-Tap Capital Bike Share App 4+
Designed for iPhone
- Offers In-App Purchases
A One-Tap Capital Bike Share App
D.C. Bikes is a simple and easy-to-use App that helps you locate the closest Capital Bike Share™ docking station. With one tap you can find the closest Capital Bike Share station, how far away it is and in which direction, and how many available bikes and docks it currently has.
Find out how many available docks there are at your destination easily with the full-map mode. You can even set a ride timer to help track your Capital Bike Share rental and prevent late fees.
D.C. Bikes is not affiliated with, or endorsed by Capital Bike Share, Motivate or Motivate Bicycle Share, Inc. Motivate® and Capital Bike Share™ are registered trademarks of Motivate Bicycle Share, Inc. All rights are reserved by the respective owners.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
◊ Minor bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Functional, but corners were cut to make it work
It does what it advertises. It will get you to the closest bike share rack. That being said there are a few problems.
1. "Use current location". The application only allows you to set "use current location" to 'always' and 'never'. If you do not go into your settings when not using the app it will drain your battery unnecessarily. The app should be updated to allow 'only when using the application'. If battery life is a concern for you I would avoid this app until this bug has been fixed.
2. I am always prompted to "install google apps" although I have it installed and integrated with other apps. From what I can tell this bug is more of a cosmetic annoyance than a functional impedance.
Not the real bikeshare, freezes phone
You can’t use this to actually rent the bike, and the app freezes and closes in about 60 seconds. This is fun in theory, but it’s not the real app. I’m not sure why Apple would let this app rank higher in a search over the apps that people actually need and use.
NOT the official DC bikeshare app
Wish I'd looked more closely before paying (99 cents) for ad-free. Thought a review could help others avoid the error.
The developer, Urban Apps, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Urban Apps
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Urban Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $0.99