New York Daily News
New York's #1 newspaper delivered in amazing digital quality, featuring top news and photo galleries updating 24/7. Read the paper in classic print format, or long-hold on any article to access the text version. Tap or pinch to zoom for easy reading.
– Try a 1 month subscription and get 1 week FREE.
– Receive 1 month free with your 6-month subscription, available for $13.99.
– Receive 1 week free with your 1-month subscription, available for $2.99.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Daily News award-winning writers, columnists and opinion formers bring you news from the world's greatest city and from the world beyond. Read the very best live coverage of national and local news, New York exclusives, politics and the latest in gossip and entertainment. No one covers the Yankees, Mets, Giants, and Jets like Daily News.
Download the editions for offline reading. Swipe quickly and easily between newspaper pages and top news articles. Share stories with friends through email.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service - http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
Optimization and minor fixed
Ratings and Reviews
I can download the paper without any problem. There is also an option to view articles with 3/page with a headline & picture with about 10 pages that is usually updated as news breaks but only 2 pages have been updated for several weeks. I notified them via the “contact us” stamp in settings, but have received no response. Also deleted, then restored the app with no change. I’ve had this app for a couple of years, but I’m not getting what I paid for now and will probably get rid of it. Too bad, I will miss it!
Superior news app
This is a terrific newspaper app. In fact, the best I've ever seen. For a seriously low price compared to the print edition, it allows a very fast download of an exact replica of the print edition. In a minute or less (on wi-if) you have the entire paper. It also has the option of a digitized edition -- but I prefer the "classic" view. The News app was horrible a few years ago when I last looked at it, but they've really got it down.
As to content, you can be your own judge. It is not The NY Times (way less thorough and intellectual and more parochial) but it has better coverage of sports and NYC crime. And, unlike the Post, it's a real newspaper.
And the price point is amazing.
Decent app, with a few caveats
I’ve been a Daily News reader all my life, but with the price going up to $1.50, I decided to give the app a try again. It’s not bad, but it has issues when using older devices (iPad 1, iPad 4). It won’t work with the original iPad, and it crashes constantly on the iPad 4 - but they’re no longer supported by Apple, so it’s not a shock. But it crashes on my iPhone 6+, so I guess that it’s a RAM issue, since it seems stable on my iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro. You don’t get the Sunday supplements or Sunday funnies, but for the price you can’t complain. The daily funnies are in very low resolution. I’m not sure if it’s an anti-piracy measure or if it’s a bandwith saving thing, but it’s tough to read them.
- New York Daily News, LP
- 59.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © New York Daily News 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.