Download Daily Notes Planner for Mac in the Mac App Store and start syncing your notes between your iPhone and MacBook!
As a much simpler calendar app than the built-in iCalendar app, Daily Notes Planner allows you to type in plain-text-notes for every date (no complicated hourly scheduling or reminders here). Because notes are organized by date, you will know exactly where to look for when you reference them later. Tap on the date in the calendar to go into that date and record or reference notes. The dates with notes are highlighted in the calendar.
Tapping onto the search bar will immediately list all of your notes chronologically with today's note right in front of you and with older notes above and newer notes below it. Search term will be highlighted as you search.
Use iCloud to sync your notes between multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac, MacBook ...) and apps (Daily Notes Planner 1 & 2). All you need to do is to SAVE your notes in a device/app and LOAD them in another device/app in the app's iCloud page (under "Extras").
Reference today's notes in the not editable textview below the calendar without worrying that you would accidentally change it from frequent referencing. If you have a lengthy today's notes, you can minimize the calendar to a weekly mode by scrolling on it.
IN "EXTRAS" PAGE
In addition to organizing your notes by dates, use three additional notes formats to completely satisfy all of your note taking needs! There are three large buttons in the top of the "EXTRAS" Page that directs you to 3 mini apps: "One Page Note", "Folder Notes", and "Weekly Schedule". Daily Notes Planner app can store all of your life's notes.
"One Page Note" has just one page of note. If you need to jot down something quickly and don't want to save it permanently, this is a good place to put it. You can clear the page easily, and you can also export the page to be saved into a folder in Folder Notes.
"Folder Notes" organizes your notes with folders and files. Create folders and note files inside them. Search folders and files with search bars. You can change color of texts in your notes dynamically easily: simply tap onto a color on top of the keyboard and type - the blinker color indicates the current color. Also, you can long press any file or folder row to change its name. Also you can press "edit" button in the bottom to delete or rearrange rows.
"Weekly Schedule Notes" allows you to draw a nice, colorful chart of your schedule, classes, or weekly appointments. Tap onto an item to type in notes for it. Here you can also change color of texts in your notes dynamically too.
Under Settings, you can do these things:
• Customize font, size of texts.
• Set colors of various calendar elements.
• Display national holidays at your region.
• Sync all notes via iCloud.
• Set up password or touchID.
• Turn ON / OFF auto correction.
• Set Calendar/System font
A hidden tip: you can do a quick swipe gesture to move left and right of the days anywhere on the detail page from the calendar view (also tap or slide the the dates on the top). Also you can long press "Password & Touch ID On/Off" in the Settings to change your password.
App only uses internet connection when you press SAVE or LOAD in the iCloud page to sync data. Other than that it doesn't use the internet at all. All holidays calculations rely on sophisticated astronomical models and other calculations, all done very efficiently within the app.
Supports Apple's Handoff feature to help you to sync your notes via iCloud among multiple devices. Whenever you save your notes to iCloud in one device, all other nearby devices would prompt you to load your latest notes from iCloud either in app switcher / multitasking screen (iOS) or in the dock (Mac).
For frequently asked questions and answers, open the app, click Extras, and click "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)".
If you have any questions, feedbacks, or concerns about the app, send me an Email at inhoDeveloper@gmail.com.
- In today's notes preview section that is underneath the calendar, app now automatically detects addresses, phone numbers, links, tracking numbers and flight numbers and tapping onto them will open relevant apps such as Maps for addresses, Safari for links etc. This feature is only in today's notes preview section and not in detail view where you edit your notes, so that this feature doesn't interfere with the editing of yours notes.
- Fixed bug when the calendar is in Weekly Mode, in rare cases it wouldn't go back to Monthly Mode after resuming the app fro the background.
- Improved styling for Verdana and HelveticaNeue Calendar & Settings Font (default is Georgia). Fixed numbers in these fonts were not dead centered vertically.
- In Mac version of Daily Notes Planner, you can export/import your notes as .CSV files and open those files in Excel or in Numbers app.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app and I really want to get it especially since they lowered the price. I love that they show current day notes when you go into the program. This was one of two apps that I was testing to find a daily note program.
Unfortunately, the other app won due to two reasons. This will no longer work on my iPad. I have older iPad with a 10 operating system since it updated it no longer works on my iPad. In addition, It does not use internal apple calendar
Even though I did not get it, it remains on my watch list. If the program I purchased does not perform any more, this will be the first one I will look at.
Developer Response ,
Daily Notes Planner 1 supports iOS 10 and below. This app, Daily Notes Planner 2, supports iOS 11 and above. And both apps support iPad and you can SAVE and LOAD from iCloud from Daily Notes Planner 1 and Daily notes Planner 2 and vice versa. Both of these versions can sync notes via iCloud to the Mac version of Daily Notes Planner; in the Mac, you can also export your notes as .csv files (tabular format) which can be opened/edited using Apple's Numbers app or Microsoft's Excel app. When you regularly back up your iPhone to iTunes, your notes will also be backed up with everything else on your iPhone.
Gives technology to palm of your hand
I have been using this app for a few years now, and this app has become an exquisite notes app that has empowered me with technology of my iPhone and my MacBook. The plain and simple endeavor of typing notes into dates into Calendar to plan things for days ahead or write down journal of what happened that day has allowed me to save important information that I can reference anytime! Finding the recipe for grilled chicken is as easy as typing “chicken” into the search bar or if you remembered which day you typed it into, I can just open that date. Because everything is text, it maintains little memory and notes are very easy to find. On my typical use, I would type in my notes using my MacBook and then sync it via iCloud so I can have my notes everywhere I go on my iPhone. Using both MacBook and the iPhone for this app is the Golden Armada. In addition, Folder Notes mini app inside Daily Notes Planner helped me write down tons of notes that are not related to calendar dates such as notes for data structure and algorithm, website credentials, and funny jokes! Daily Notes Planner is so valuable and has empowered me in my daily life. I recommend this app to anyone who needs a notes app that empowers the them without any annoyance or panache.
Very good App
I’ve been using this app for a couple of months now so I think it’s time to give my review.
What I like about this app:
1. I like that I can quickly jot done my notes in a very simplistic way.
2. The search function works flawlessly exactly what I need.
3. Ability to setup security with password/fingerprint/Face ID.
4. App is easy to use very easy to learn all the features.
5. Would I recommend app to friends/family? Yes, I have and will continue in the future.
What I don’t like:
1. I wish there was a warning message before saving to the cloud. If I accidentally hit save before loading data I just wrote over the most recent copy. A simple warning before saving would fix this.
2. I think my notes would look better if I had an option to add bulleted lists.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Inho Hwang
- 11.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © InhoHwang.ClaireZhang.Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.