Daily Prayer is a beautiful, ad free, experiential app designed to develop long lasting spiritual rhythms of prayer and scripture reading.
Join us as we pray and read scripture in the morning, in the midday, in the evening and in the late evening. Whether you can open our app at all of these times, or at one of them, you can always expect new content each and every day.
Need a helpful nudge to quiet your heart throughout the day? Set custom notifications for each prayer time, and set the times to match your schedule. We will take it from there and provide you with a notification that will help you establish your daily rhythm.
While this app was designed for all believers from all walks of the Christian faith, the rhythms found within are all adapted in some form from Anglican liturgy, and from the Book of Common Prayer. We believe that these ancient patterns of connecting with the Lord have deep meaning in our modern times.
As you walk through your day in prayer and scripture reading, you will be presented with different scripture readings every morning, midday, evening and late evening, taken from the Daily Office Lectionary, St. Mary’s Day Revision, 2018. For more information about the structure of the readings, head to dailyprayer.church.
We know how much you all love LISTENING to scripture in the Daily Prayer App. Scripture will now continue playing even when you lock your phone or switch apps! Yay!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Peace at Last
I found this app while browsing the App Store. God led me to this one. I was born in Great Britain and raised in the Anglican Religion and this app is perfect. It is very straightforward, user friendly, you can set your own prayer times and get reminders because we are busy with life and need reminding to pray.
My husband has just completed 9 months of extremely intense cancer treatment of the throat. We had hundreds of friends, family and people whom we did not know praying 🙏 for him and his family. During his surgical neck dissection this past April, I put ALL of me at the mercy of God and miracles started happening, God started by sending Angels to me and my husband. I then understood that if we ask for love and guidance He will show you how to get there. My husband was still having problems a month later and was admitted to the hospital for one last surgery to kill the birthplace of the cancer. This has been the roughest surgery so far but when we prayed together, we witnessed a true blessing. God is real and I pray for the day that he releases His Son Jesus upon his Fathers great earth and rids all the evils of the world. I pray that whom ever reads this brings God and his Son into their lives.
Developer Response ,
4.8?—Not Quite Perfect
First: what’s less than perfect...
1. Not all of us have schedules that make it easy to do this four times daily. Twice a day is doable. The alarms are at times that do not work for us. It would be nice to set them to our schedule.
—-We have a morning prayer routine that we have used for years; we do not want to stop using it. We might be able to combine your morning reading with our prayers...
2. Trying to read the Psalms in one month seems forced. Little opportunity to meditate on them. It would be nice to have the OT readings from A) The Law/Historical writings B) The Wisdom writings C) The Prophets.
3. I hope you have included the Apocrypha writings...
Second: what’s great...
1. It is refreshing to see the Church Seasons observed.
2. The prayers you include are helpful.
3. The two minute meditation is great.
4. The audio presentation of Scripture helps us to meditate on the Holy Word.
5. For many, I’m sure, the four daily times of devotion fit their needs.
6. Thanks for Including the Confessional Prayer—we need to confess at least once a day.
7. I like that Scripture is the whole chapter & not just the BCP daily liturgical reading.
8. It is helpful that it is an app & not just a website. But...is there a website we can access to see the yearly reading plan?
9. Thanks so very much for publishing this app. We can listen to Scripture using Bible Gateway and adding our prayers...but this makes it feel like true worship.
Great content but hard to read the Scripture
I just started using the App last week and love most of it. The images and daily prayer content are great and I really like how they guide me to pray beyond the written prayers. However, I have a problem with it that I would love the developers to address. I am losing my eyesight and appreciate the large text for the daily prayers. However, the Scripture reading links are in a grey text (which is hard to read) and even when I set it to “Extra Large” print, it looks like a size 10 (or even 9). I can’t read it. Sometimes I can just push the audio button and listen to it (when I am alone) but sometimes I have to skip the Scripture reading or go out to a different app to read it in a larger, clearer print). I would love to be able to read the Scripture in the same size and format as the daily prayers. Or at least have the option of choosing a size 14 or larger font in a darker type. Thanks! (Also, it seems to only work in portrait but not landscape on the iPad. I have checked my device settings to make sure it is set to “rotate screen” but this app will not rotate to landscape.)
Developer Response ,
I’m so excited to let you know that we have updated the scripture design to match the rest of the app. Now it has the same white text, and it will be larger text if your phone is set to display larger text!
We have also added landscape orientation for tablets. I hope you are still enjoying the app and will enjoy it even more now!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.