Daily Routine Classic 4+
Designed for iPad
NOTE: This app is no longer updated. A separate, more modern version is launching in September 2021. See https://www.dailyroutine.com/relaunch or search for 'Daily Routine' in the App Store.
Create daily routines and stick to them. Featuring notifications, sync (iCloud & Dropbox), calendar integration, one-off variations, PDF output, import & export and friendly email support.
Daily Routine helps you stay on top of the little things. Do you forget to take breaks from work? Daily Routine can remind you. Taking too many breaks? Daily Routine's handy there too. Want a pretty print-out of your average day? Easily done. Who's Daily Routine for? Anyone who needs to juggle multiple tasks: freelancers, writers, stay-at-home mums, telecommuters, teachers, students and anyone else whose time is precious.
• Remind yourself what should be doing and when
• Create reminders for everyday tasks you often forget
• Enable or disable all notifications easily
• Specify different alert sounds for different activities
• Temporarily mute alerts during holidays using Quiet Times
Create & Edit routines
• One routine or many, it's up to you
• Edit your routines whenever you like
• Start simple, then get more adventurous when you're ready
• Edit times quickly with the neat 'time spiral' control
Flexible (new in v3)
• Add one-off variations to routines directly from the timeline
• Shorten, length, delay or bring forward individual timeslots easily
• Skip timeslots or entire routines on a single day with ease
• Attach notes to a timeslot for a single day
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to sync Daily Routine data between iPhone and iPad
• Setup iCloud in seconds
• Secure authentication (Daily Routine never knows your iCloud or Dropbox passwords)
Plays well with your Calendar
• Your calendar events can appear in the Daily Routine timeline
• Create and edit calendar events directly within Daily Routine
• Note: Daily Routine data doesn't appear in your calendar (your calendar is for important stuff)
Easy on the eye
• Dozens of colours and hundreds of icons to choose from
• Scroll through your timeline using the neat 'bendy' list UI
• Designed specifically for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch
Time(line) is on your side
• Edit your routines and timeslots directly in the timeline
• Scroll the timeline days or even years into the future or past
• Updated landscape view shows your time as a sequence of days
• Now supporting overlapping timeslots and events for busy users
• Tap & drag the routine calendar to specify dates for a routine
• Schedule routines for specific days of the week or month
• Create advanced schedules with date ranges and repetition
• Partial-day routines allow you to schedule activities independently
• Proper support for routines that span midnight
Sharing is caring
• Print directly to an AirPrint printer
• Email your routines as a PDF or upload to Dropbox
• Pick and choose what data to export or import
• Send feedback directly to the developer via in-app feedback
• Got a suggestion? Tell us. Most new features come from user ideas
• Found a bug? We want to hear about it (truly!)
• All feedback emails answered by the developer directly, typically within 24 hours
iCloud sync requires iOS5 (or later) and an iCloud account.
Dropbox sync requires a dropbox account.
AirPrint requires an AirPrint-compatible wireless printer
This minor update changes the name of this app and includes links and references to the imminent relaunch of Daily Routine.
Ratings and Reviews
Been using this app for years. No other app quite like it. Pls keep the updates coming!
Almost Perfect. Wish I could lock the routine view to 1, 2, or 3 Days at a time. It's nice to scroll and see unlimited days. Just would like another option.
No free trial and a tedious app. Waste of money.
"Typical time" and the lack of a back button when adding timeslots makes the entire app a chore to use.
I'd like to be able to customize the start AND end times when adding timeslots, but the only way to do this is to finish adding the timeslot at whatever duration it's "typical time" is set to, and then edit the timeslot. Why does there even need to be a typical time, and why do there need to be specific activities. If I want to write for an hour today, but tomorrow I want to write for two hours, why must I create two separate events that each have a different "typical time?" There should just be a "writing" category, with the ability to add events of customizable length under that category or any others.
Wish I could get a refund on this app, and am extremely disappointed I spent money on something that doesn't have a free trial version. Never again.
Been looking for this for a while
This app has been extremely helpful in getting me up and out the door on time in the mornings. My schedule varies day to day, and I used to wing it in my head, saying "it takes me about an hour to get ready, so I should probably wake up here so I can get to my first meeting here," with varied success.
Now, I have all my specific morning routines programmed in, so all I have to do is pick the routine (e.g., exercise or no?), and say that I want to be done by my first meeting. Then I instantly know when I need to wake up, leave the house, and so on. Plus it gives me little reminders as I go.
It's an indispensable part of my morning routine now. Thanks a lot for making this.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jaysen Marais
- 39.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Jaysen Marais
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.