Whenever there is a situation in which multiple people want to equally share information in a limited timeframe you can use the Daily Scrum Time Keeper. The app helps you to ensure that everybody gets a chance to speak.
Before the meeting the app divides the given timeframe by the number of members sharing information. In the meeting the smart phone itself can be passed as a talking stick from one member to the next using alerts (visual effects, customizable sounds and vibration) to remind about staying in time.
The Daily Scrum Time Keeper App is designed and built to be used for the Daily Scrum (daily stand-up status meeting lasting 15 minutes) according to the Scrum methodology originating from project management. But it could be easily used in similar situations.
- the timer divides the meeting time by the number of participants to calculate the talking time
- uses alerts when the talking time is over (visualized by red color, sound played, device vibrates)
- creates further alerts each minute if the speaker keeps talking
- offers a PAUSE button, that participants can press in case of interruptions (like side talks...) - pausing will play a gentle music for 30 seconds which can be stopped at any time
- uses big digits that can be easily recognized even from meters away
- can add participants during a running daily scrum (divides the remaining scheduled time by the remaining members + 1)
- can play different sounds, also fun sounds
- you can use different languages
- the timer can be run without adverts and using an internet connection (no disturbing popups during your daily)
- also works on an iPad
- can be used as full version with all supported functionalities for free - but only temporarily
- introduced the PAUSE button, that participants can press in case of interruptions (like side talks...) - pausing will play a gentle music for 30 seconds which can be stopped at any time
- Meeting is not over with last participant clicking on DONE, but the Total Time Remaining is running until the Meeting is ended (after open discussions)
- NEXT text on button has been replaced by I'M DONE
- NEXT popup has been removed
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, but lacking some features
It could use multitasking support while the timer is running, exporting of statistical data, and labeling of members for a meeting.
- Martin Steinhauser
- 8.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Martin Steinhauser
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Advertising $0.99
- Funbox $0.99
- Soundbox $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.