** NEW (since 1.2) We bring the dance class to your home! Instructors appear directly in your environment, so you can learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn to Dance in Augmented Reality.
** NEW (since Version 1.2) We bring the dance class to your home! Instructors appear directly in your environment, so you can learn from the comfort of your home, on your schedule, at a fraction of the cost (This feature is currently only available for some of the dances)
Dance Reality uses Apple's latest augmented reality technology (ARKit) to place footprints onto the floor in front of you. You look through your phone to step on the footprints, then you follow the animation to practice common dance patterns. The app is not intended to be a substitute for in-person dance instruction, but it will get you started, and help you practice steps and rhythm anywhere, anytime. Practice makes perfect!
• NEW: Virtual instructors appear directly in your environment to teach you entire lessons
(available for some dances)
• NEW: Adaptive learning automatically adjusts the difficulty of the class based on your feedback.
• Animated footprints help you step in the right spot at the right time
• Control the speed to learn at your own pace
• Counting voice-over helps you stay on the beat
• Music for each style so you can practice to the beat
• Choose between Follow and Lead steps
• Solo and Couple practice
• Instructional videos from professional dancers
• A variety of dance styles to choose from (salsa, bachata, waltz, hip-hop...)
In the news
“If you ever wanted to move with style, Dance Reality is your virtual teacher” – Forbes
“a brilliant new way to teach people to dance” – Upload VR
“a clever new use of Apple’s ARKit” – Mashable
“Pretty solid” – The Verge
“helps users get their footwork down” – GeekWire
What users say
“From practicing dance steps for your wedding to giving your kid a fun way to exercise I can see this app being used by the entire family.” – Rich
“I have two left feet, but I like how it teaches you to follow a rhythm and allows you to progress as you get better” -Scott
“I’m uncoordinated as heck, but maybe this could build my muscle memory.” – Sean
“finally I’ll make some moves on dance floor” – Radek
• iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max
• iPhone 8, 8 Plus
• iPhone 7, 7 Plus
• iPhone 6s, 6s Plus
• iPhone SE
• iPad Pro
• 9.7-inch iPad (2017 and later)
• Easier access to free content
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t like this app because it doesn’t let me on the app because I have an iPod instead of an iPhone and that to me is just kind of stupid and I really wanted to try this because I love dancing and I thought maybe this would help me with my dancing but it doesn’t even let me get into the app without saying I have the wrong device
Great way to use VR technology
I can see this app used in many different applications. From practicing dance steps for your wedding to giving your kid a fun way to exercise I can see this app being used by the entire family.
In App Purchases
The app itself is free and there is nothing wrong with its functionality or anything, but the only thing you can practice for free is the warmup, which is at its core just stepping forward at back to the beat.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dance Reality LLC
- 110.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Dance Reality LLC