Pull back the bullet curtain and experience the all new sequel to the critically acclaimed vertical shoot'em up!
Danmaku Unlimited 2 brings a modern, original take on the classic Japanese arcade genre rarely seen on mobile devices! Climb the ranks as you pilot the powerful Senko fighter to destroy legions of enemies in a hailstorm of bullets!
Continue the saga as you fight to uncover powerful relics from the old war and unravel the secrets surrounding the Valkyrias!
"Absolutely beautiful" 5/5
"Intensely beautiful" 4.5/5 Editor's choice
"Gorgeous and addictive entry into the bullet-hell genre" 8/10 Silver award
- Pocket Gamer
"Danmaku Unlimited 2 is a must own"
"This one is just right"
LITE VERSION FEATURES
-Authentic indie J-STG style action.
-Access to the first stage
-Weave and dodge against unique, exhilarating bullet patterns in epic multi-phase boss battles.
-Level up and outfit the powerful Senko fighter to suit your personal play-style!
-Unique innovative swipe controls built for a perfect mobile shooter experience.
-Music by the talented Japanese indie group BLANKFIELD
-4 levels of difficulty
-Choose between 2 full-featured game modes
-Adjustable screen-size and control sensitivity
-Bluetooth arcade controller compatible
-Universal and optimized for the iPhone/iTouch 5
WHATS IN THE FULL VERSION
-Battle countless enemies as you fight across 5 beautiful, action-packed stages
-Bonus features: Go for a challenge in the Boss Rush mode or practice your skills in the Free Play mode.
-Compete for international leader-board dominance on GameCenter
-Tons of achievements to unlock!
iPhone 4, iTouch 4, iPad 2 or newer
The game will run on the iphone 3GS, however the user will experience some slowdowns.
fixed screen scaling issue for certain new devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Fast paced action game with solid controls
Was going to buy the full game but $5 is too much for such a short game. If they have a sale for $1, I'd definitely get it.
Buttery framerate, great controls, stylish graphics. Best original danmaku game on iOS?
Warning. Harsh review.
Faily well made game. Visual is fantastic, control is smooth, and scoring system is not complicated.
However, this game still feels just like original, and to say it harshly, it's "cheap" game.
While some say that this game can be a good rival against Cave's shmup, I highly disagree- this game is far, far from danmaku perfection like Cave's shmup. Here's some problems:
1. Sound: the bullet sound, glaze sound, EXPLOSION SOUND, is completely flat. It is so weak, it made me feel like BGM is the only thing I hear. Compare to Cave's shmup- all of their game has explosion from beggining to end. It makes you feel like you actually destroyed something!
Now, Touhou doesn't have much sound effect either. But here's difference: Touhou is "bullet dodging" game than "shoot'em up" game. Their main focus is to show wide variety of bullet pattern to over-welm you. But this game doesn't have that.
2. Background Music: It's not bad, but as somebody already said, it doesn't go together! Main screen and over all it looks so trance-techno like and then there's heavy metal music. NO! As music wise, I prefer original one.
Also, it's not catchy either. If you try to find Cave's shmup, everyone has at least one BGM that they love it (mostly a boss theme) but for this one, I never felt like I'd listen to it again, or consider purchasing soundtrack.
3. Replay value. None. Despite what I already said, there's nothing that I can remember about stages- I don't mind the graphic design, as matter or fact I love it (which is also why I hate the combination with BGM) but there's nothing that's memoriable. After I purchase it, I can gurantee that I won't play it after week.
People needs to know something. Cave is not indie group, it's a actual company that makes shmup games. Resources, power, it all exceeds from indies.
I admit, this game is far better than average shmups, but again, "Is this Danmaku perfection?"
Answer is, no.
Arcade game without addictive factors become over-priced cheap game. Due to the problem listed above, this game won't be a replacement for Cave's shmup.
If you liked the original Danmaku Unlimited, you'll like this. If you own several Cave's game already, this game may be too dry for you.
- Sunny Tam
- 51.9 MB
Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Doragon Entertainment 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.