Dark Mode makes your browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night or in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new Mojave dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when macOS Mojave dark mode is active)
• Just press the tool bar button and you can change the theme to a softer or a mono theme
• You can deactivate the theme for any site or apply dark mode for some sites only
• A simple and powerful Safari extension
• Choose between 3 themes: Dark, Soft Dark or Mono
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred night hours or when macOS Mojave dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
• Use hotkeys to toggle Dark Mode:
- Command + Option + T: Temporary toggle (until page refresh)
- Command + Option + P: Permanently toggle
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Improvements for popular sites. After the update it's recommended to restart your Safari browser.
Ratings and Reviews
This extension has made my life much more comfortable. I'm visuall-impaired, and have considerable difficulty reading black text on a white background. I used to have to invert my screen if I wanted to put Safari into a "pseudo dark mode", but this extension does a far better job. It's frequently updated, and definately sits in my stack of "things I gotta have to get my work done."
I don't know if Apple will ever extend the macOS dark mode to Safari. Bit, as long as this extension is around, I really don't care.
My eyes can breathe again!
Apple's "global" Dark Mode does little to tone down the blinding white light of many safari web sites. "Dark Mode for Safari" solves that problem in a beautiful and easy-to-use way. Can't recommend this extension more highly for anyone who wants do their eyes a favor when using Safari. Kudos to the developer!
Blinded By The Light
Thanks for creating this! I don't have to strain to see web pages anymore. So So helpfull! Well worth the $2. I will be sharing this with others.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.