Dark Mode makes your browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night or in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new macOS dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when macOS dark mode is active)
• Just press the tool bar button and you can change the theme to a softer or a mono theme
• You can deactivate the theme for any site or apply dark mode for some sites only
• A simple and powerful Safari extension
• Choose between 5 themes: Dark, Mono Dark, Soft Dark, Dark Curtain and Mono
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred night hours or when macOS dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
• Use hotkeys to toggle Dark Mode:
- Command + Option + K: Temporary toggle (until page refresh)
- Command + Option + P: Permanently toggle
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Option to ignore images and graphics
There are a lot of webpages where this plugin affects the appearance of images, in a negative way. I would like an option for this plugin to completely ignore images and graphics on all webpages.
I use this extension every day in Safari and it works pretty well, most of the time. Where it typically fails is when you browse a website that already has a dark theme, e.g my Zoho Email, or Cloud9 Web IDE with dark mode themes. Particularly in Zoho Email it makes it impossible to write emails because the text editor becomes black, but the font is also kept in black. On way to improve the plugin is also to add a feature to add exception websites, that we the users can omit applying the plugin where a site already has native support for dark mode. However, in general terms, I think the plugin is great, but with some additional investment this could be awesome.
Works well and simply
This little extension does just what it says: imposes a dark mode on command to web pages. It's mainly a simple reverse video, although it makes some attempts to go beyond this. Most importantly, it is able to turn on and off according to the current system setting, and disable selectively on web sites you specify.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 4.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.