Dark Mode makes your Safari browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night, in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new iOS dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when iOS dark mode is active)
• Just press the toolbar button and you can change to a softer theme, an e-ink (paper) theme or cover the page with a translucent curtain
• You can apply dark mode for some sites only and deactivate the theme for any site
• Apply a cool dark theme on any website
• Perfect every time you want to read a long article, research a big page or make a presentation
• A simple and powerful Safari extension (action), easy to activate and use
• Choose between 5 themes: Dark, Mono Dark, Soft Dark, Dark Curtain and Paper (E-Ink)
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred reading hours or when iOS dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
How apps should be
Doesn't collect data. √
Pay once use forever. √
Doesn't break my flow to ask for a review. So far...
I've been using it for about five minutes and so far, I'm impressed. The available themes are pleasing, and the compatibility with the sites I most visit is excellent. It does a good job of maintaining contrast, and it doesn't invert colors, so, for example, on a system status dashboard, red still means bad, and green still means good.
I think Noir is the better buy.
I’ve now tried three different paid safari dark mode extensions, and they all have their quirks, but I think Noir is the better buy compared to this one.
What I liked about this app was that the background is true black, and has several other themes, and they’re good picks. I also liked that it checks when you’re in dark mode and acts accordingly.
What I didn’t like is that for dark mode to switch, the page must be manually refreshed. Noir switches pages in real time as dark mode is enabled or disabled (though sometimes it won’t darken everything until a refresh).
I also didn’t like that multiple websites I checked had strange artifacts — images with colors shifted strangely, buttons that were black against black and therefore invisible, images being blacked out, and even some websites had accent colors become much lighter when this extension was enabled.
Last, I didn’t like that the theme wasn’t customizable on a per-website basis — so I can’t set one website to true black and another to dark gray, and have the extension remember that.
There were some websites that this extension performed better with than Noir, though, so it might make sense for some people to get both apps, just make sure you don’t enable both on the same websites, because they can interfere with each other.
Working great on iOS 15
Thank you for making this app! Been using it for an hour and I’m already in love lol. Dark mode all the things.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 10.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.