+ FEATURED IN ASTRONOMY MAGAZINE +
Get away from the city's bright glow and head out to dark skies, where the Milky Way shines with countless stars overhead.
Dark Sky Finder helps you locate nearby dark skies to take a telescope, watch a meteor shower, or simply relax under the stars. See light pollution maps of the ENTIRE WORLD, along with dots that indicate good observing locations. Anyone can add a good observation site — for instance, a public park with no bright lights — and write a few words about it to help other people in the area looking for a dark location.
** KEY FEATURES **
• Light Pollution Map: Overlaid on top of the standard map, satellite, or hybrid. Covers the entire world.
• Dark Sites: Escape to dark skies in over 1,000 locations worldwide. Includes user reviews, directions, and information on sky conditions, important notes, parking, fees, bathrooms, camping, weather, and much more.
• Add a Dark Site: Make a contribution by adding a dark site for everyone to enjoy.
• Clear Sky Charts: Finds the nearest Clear Sky Chart to pull in information on transparency, seeing, and other conditions relevant to telescope observers.
• Bortle Scale: Tap on the map legend to toggle between the Bortle Scale and basic scale. Read more about the Bortle Scale for measuring light pollution in the About tab.
** SUPPORT & FEEDBACK **
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for support or to give feedback on the app. Feedback is always appreciated!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Fixed crashing bug
- Hundreds of new dark sites added across the globe
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app only works half the time. But when it does it’s incredibly informative and reliable. It’s just getting it to work. Needs updated.
This app quickly shows me the sky brightness at each location. Worth the money. It works well on my iPad mini and iPhone 6 base model. The brightness shown in the app matches my experience of a site, so I trust its predictions for a site that I have not visited
Very good app!
It does what I need it to do. Layout is a bit plain but it does the job! But I think there should be another update for new dark sites.🌌
The developer, Skidmore Properties, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.