Darkestville Castle is an adventure with a deep story, challenging puzzles, gallows humor and gameplay similar to the Monkey Island series.
Like any decent demon Cid spends his nights performing all kind of evil deeds to the peaceful people of Darkestville. Little does he know that his old arch enemy is about to change his life forever.
Live the adventure of Cid, the demon of Darkestville, a laid-back being of pure darkness that will see his evil routine life disrupted by The Romero brothers, a group of demon hunters hired by Dan Teapot, Cid’s arch enemy. Follow CId through an epic quest full of danger, intrigue, and ridiculous premises.
The game pays tribute to late 90’s point-and-click adventure games, featuring fascinating fairy-tale story and trendy visuals in Tim Burton’s style. It delivers more than 7 hours of truly enjoyable gameplay to both old and new generations. Dive into the unforgettable good old-fashioned atmosphere of classic adventure games and meet dozens of funny characters living in this amazing hand-painted world of Darkestville Castle.
• Point-and-click adventure classics in the same vein as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.
• Lots of Tim Burton-esque gallows humor.
• Full English dubbing.
• 38 Game Center achievements.
• Funny characters and charismatic protagonist.
• Dozens of carefully designed levels.
• Quirky and trendy visuals.
• Numerous puzzles.
• Captivating story.
• More than 7 hours of exciting gameplay.
• Violence, horror and death-free adventure for all ages.
• This Game has been awarded with an INDIE PRIZE as the BEST GAME NARRATIVE.
• Hardcore ‘MEOW’ mode. Just keep in mind — you should activate it only if you are 100% self-confident as it drastically increases game difficulty!
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
It doesn’t save your progress correctly!!
There is no option to save the game yourself.
It “sort of” auto saves, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been put back at the stupid gate to the underworld. I am so angry at this game! I get through it, move on, exit the game to do something else... and I’m back at the bloody gate!!! Over and over. And this isn’t even just a bug; there is literally no way offered for you to save your own progress.
I wanted to like this game, I really did. Will come back and rewrite this review if and when the developers get reasonable about letting users save the game; till then, I’m not even going to bother trying to play it further!!
Good game/not great on ipad mini
I enjoyed the game. However it was difficult to play since the screen didn’t fit correctly on my ipad mini. The screen was cut off on the left and right sides which made it difficult to exit rooms and to choose options on the dialogue trees. Talking to the portal door was especially hard since I couldn’t see the numbers at all. I also ended up looking for hints online because I was afraid that I might have missed an item I couldn’t see. Like I said I liked the game, it just needs to be fixed if you are expecting people to pay for it.
Wasted money because of screen issue
The video does not fit the ipad screen. Regardless of ipad type. It cuts off both sides which make it difficult to play and you can not read the beginning of any sentences. Otherwise it would be a fun little game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- BUKA DEVELOPMENT OOO
- 2.3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Darkestville Castle ©2019 Epic Llama. Developed by Epic Llama. Published by Buka Limited. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.