Purpose of the app
The purpose of the Darpan App is to essentially enable assessment and evaluation of schools on certain given parameters. It provides the facility to capture data at the level of the school on pre-defined parameters and automatically analyse it; the data is captured from multiple stakeholders like the head teacher, teacher, students and parents. The methods of data collection include observation of schools processes and infrastructure, interviewing multiple stakeholders and perusal of documents like students notebooks and other school records. The output is a consolidation and analysis of this data – the school is evaluated at different levels on the given parameters. The ultimate purpose of assessment is to be able to formulate a school development plan; to plan for school improvement based on evidence and data. If multiple schools are assessed as part of a program, the App allows for consolidation of data and viewing of data at individual school level as well as for groups of schools. There is no limit to the number of schools that can be assessed as part of a program.
The App could be used by anybody working with schools. It could be used for assessment by an external agency or by internal stakeholders of the school. Typically it would be used by Head Teachers, education functionaries in the education department; and NGOs working in the space. Though designed with all schools in mind, it will primarily be used with government schools.
Main features of the app
- Collect information about schools.(eg: Total number of students, Principal name)
- Collect parent information to administer offline surveys
- Assess schools on various parameters by asking relevant questions via student interviews, teacher interviews, examining
school records etc
- Collect evidences as applicable by taking snapshots , uploading existing pictures
- Ensure authenticity of the assessment being conducted by capturing GPS location at beginning of the survey.
- Bachi Allamsetty
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Advaith Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.