*Our best DashCam yet
*DashCam is a free application that will help you to fight unjust tickets, insurance fraud, and provide data in case of an accident.
*DashCam is your own black box that stores video and related information of your driving.
*Use DashCam with your car, motorcycle, bicycle, boat, jet ski, basically with anything that moves.
*Our mapping initiative SoshallMap is the place where you can upload your driving videos to help us map the roads of the whole world.
Speed and Average Speed Tracking
Start time and Date of the recording
Storing the recordings within the application
Video resolution settings
Memory size allocation
Speed tracking either in miles or kilometers
Supports Landscape and Portrait mode
Playback on the device within the application
Sharing to social media sites
*Not recommended for iPad or iPod
Ratings and Reviews
A few requests to make this a 5 star app
So far I am impressed but this can be better with a few minor fixes and 1 big one suggestion...
1. Most important...please give the option to auto delete recordings after a certain number of drives...for instance after 5 recordings the 6th recording will erase the oldest and so on. Or do this by number of days. I personally see no reason to keep more than 1-2 in your list of drives.
2. Please move the drive information (speed etc) out of the bottom right corner on landscape mode. You can't see the bottom right of your windshield on the recording.
3. Ability to minimize the video while recording or record in the background when you leave the app, on a large phone it is distracting while driving. This defeats the purpose of documenting safety.
4. This one is a pipe dream but oh well....Waze integration. Would be a game changer for wazers!
I would love to turn the speed recording off so that my speed isn’t shown on the video. My employer and insurance company discredit the video if it shows me above the limit, despite it being others fault.
Is there a way?
Also, I have the map turned off during recording but it shows up on the video anyway.
I use this app in landscape mode to capture the lanes on either side of me. The speed and map displays shows up and block the entire right hand of the screen from view on the recording. It would work best for me if they weren’t there at all but if they need to be the top left and top right corners are useless information typically in the video recording and would be an ideal place for them. Stoplights are top center and the entire bottom of the screen is useful for viewing lane changes.
Great app, I can’t believe it’s free
Georgia recently passed a distracted driver law; you can no longer even be holding your phone while you drive. I picked up a dash mount and figured I may as well use my phone as a DashCam. I downloaded this thinking there would be in-app purchases for extra features. Nope - it’s a full-fledged DashCam app for free. I’ve been using it for about a week and I’m very pleased so far. I was also pleasantly surprised that I can still play music from my phone while recording.
- St. Edward Enterprises LLC
- 70.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © St. Edward Enterprises LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.