The easiest way to record your bike commutes without killing your battery. Our mount and app work together to stabilize your footage.
dashcam.bike is built for bicycle commuters to record every ride.
Why buy a separate camera when you already have an iPhone? Our in-app "Cinematic Stabilization" setting and phone mount work together to create high-quality footage with just your iPhone.
Use your smartphone's camera to record your rides. Our low-power standby mode can last up to 48 hours, and our battery-saving features let you record up to six hours on a single charge.
In standby mode, you're ready to record any hazard you encounter with a single tap of the screen. The app uses nearly zero battery while in standby.
The average commute uses just 4% of your battery. We recommend you record every commute or short trip, and leave the app on standby mode for longer rides.
Stay safe on the road with these features:
- Report hazardous conditions to your city officials
- Have video evidence in case of a crash
- Capture dangerous moments and share with your local bike advocacy organization
- Feel safe knowing that aggressive drivers will be caught on tape, including their license plate
- Create compilation videos to share group rides and give your friends FOMO
- Share cars parked in bike lanes with 311, or whoever deals with this in your city
- Doesn't disrupt your music or podcasts: Record video while playing through phone speakers or bluetooth headphones
- Super-low-power: automatically enters low-power-mode
- Gesture-based controls so you can start and stop recording without looking at your phone
- Records GPS tracks and overlays footage on a 3D map
- Export timelapse videos, up to 32x speed (nobody wants to watch your 10 minute ride at 1x speed!)
- Export videos to social media or save to your phone
- Export compilation videos
- Uses a looping buffer to automatically manage your storage
- Works in portrait or landscape mode
Premium features for subscribers:
- Cinematic stabilization (available on iPhone X and newer phones).
- Remove the watermark
- Multiple dashboard themes, including our new "Driver's Seat Perspective" overlay to show the absurdity of what commuters can encounter
Privacy and Security:
- Your videos and GPS tracks are stored locally on your phone, not on our servers
- This is compatible with any phone mount that doesn't block your phone camera. We recommend our footage-stabilizing mount: https://dashcam.bike/mounts
- No external cameras are needed. We use your smartphone camera.
- You can mount your camera on your handlebars to record in front of you, or on your seat post to record behind you.
1. Smart auto-focus: we lock the focus then disable autofocus to keep your hardware secure
2. Low-light boost: automatically adjust the framerate to boost low-light brightness and reduce the framerate
Ratings and Reviews
A great utility app
Downloaded this app a few months ago, but hadn’t been able to use it until recently.
With just the included tutorial in the app, I quickly learned the basic functions to Record, Mark, and Stop recording multiple times mid-ride.
Paired with their latest mount, it worked perfectly. Contacted support for a mount question, got a prompt response, and additional tips to practice.
When in Standby, it indeed uses minimal power. Started with a fully charged phone, and after a 4:00+ hour ride (which also used navigational app and messaging app) the battery was only down to 52% remaining.
Great for capturing POV ride perspective (and narration if you wish) and also potential unpleasant encounters with other vehicles. The video provides a time/date stamp as well as speed indicator.
Amazing: improve infrastructure & share rides
Wow y’all! As a city commuter, I’ve always been frustrated that I can’t share what happens on my rides (scary or cool) and this app makes it so easy. The bonus is that in PGH and other cities you can also share issues with your city’s 311. After I heard this company helped get money to improve a bike lane, I was sold! Cyclists should be able to easily share problems, since we’re on the roads too!
Decent, but meh
It does what it’s supposed to do, so 5 stars for that aspect. However, video clips are not well organized and it’s very difficult to select the specific clip you want to edit or delete. Also, I paid for the feature to remove the watermark but it’s still there, so don’t be conned into giving them anymore money. There’s no benefit.
Definitely needs better organization of your video clips (seems simple enough to do). The start/stop/pause process is clunky but it’s okay once you get used to it. Plenty of room for improvement, though.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! We're always working to improve the UX and take your feedback seriously.
One option is to use the Magnifying Glass to zoom in to your clips and select more accurately. Another option is to tap down and drag upward for more precise selection.
The watermark will be removed in all new videos you record if you select the option in Settings. Can you please double-check this? Other users have not seen this issue, so we're very concerned if you truly are unable to remove the watermark. We absolutely do not want to con anybody out of money.
Thanks for the feedback.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dashcam for your Bike, Inc
- 192.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Dashcam for your Bike, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Dashcam Premium $1.99