Dashlane fills all your passwords, payments, and personal details wherever you need them, across the web, on any device. It’s the app that makes the internet easier.
Every password, everywhere
- Store an unlimited number of passwords and access them anywhere
- Sync your Dashlane data to every device automatically, even if your phone and computer run on different systems
- Create secure passwords with Password Generator
- Share passwords safely and conveniently
Log in automatically
- Autofill the right username and password on every website, every time
- Securely store personal info you need to keep safe and accessible, like addresses, credit card numbers, and IDs
- Fill addresses and other forms with a click on your computer
Purpose-built for privacy
- Get alerted about breaches and hacks that affect your data—and learn how to take action
- Learn if your data is on the dark web with Dark Web Monitoring
- Browse safely and anonymously with our built-in VPN
- Secure your info and add a second layer of protection with 2-factor authentication (2FA)
- Get real-time credit monitoring and alerts
- Enjoy peace of mind with patented, best-in-class encryption methods
We don’t want your data
- We believe you should control your data. That’s why we’ve designed Dashlane so that we can't see the information you store in it—and we never sell it.
- Securely export your data, any time you need or want.
Other companies don’t store your data safely because it’s not their job. At Dashlane, it’s what we do.
- 14+ million users across the globe
- More than 125,000 five-star reviews
Awards & recognition for Dashlane
- App Store App of the Day
- PC Mag "Editors' Choice Award"
- Webby Award "People's Voice Best Mobile Services & Utilities App"
- Kiplinger's "Best Identity Theft Prevention Tools"
- Inc.com's "Best for Passwords and Checkouts"
- Techlicious "The Best Security Apps"
- ...and many more
Your Dashlane account starts with a 30-day free trial of our Premium plan—no credit card required. If you love it, keep it going with a Dashlane subscription, or switch to Dashlane Free automatically.
To learn more about our plans, visit dashlane.com/plans.
IN-APP PURCHASE TERMS
- Dashlane Premium and Premium Plus are available as 1-year renewable subscriptions.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at purchase. - Auto-renewable subscriptions will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the initial period of subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. - Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
You already know Dashlane makes your life online a whole lot easier. Now, we've updated our app’s visual design to have the same feeling of ease and simplicity that we give you.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good, but not perfect
Overall, I give this app four stars. I'd say it works 80% of the time on the desktop, but there certainly are websites where it doesn't recognize the fields properly. I'd like to see the developers add the ability to copy a password word from the browser extension in those instances. For example, if the fields aren't recognized, it would be nice to click the Dashlane icon in Safari on my Mac, then click on "This website" and copy the login and/or password rather than having to open Dashlane and copy it from there. It's an extra step that I would think could be eliminated.
I think the iPhone app is well integrated and gets better with each update. There is probably a 90% success rate with automatic completion of login credentials for apps and websites. One question, though: why cant the desktop version also automatically complete your login credentials for a desktop app? If it does, I haven't figured out how to use it. 😜
My previous Password manager was RoboForm and I like this a lot better. But, like I said: pretty good, but not perfect.
The program could be better
I love Dashlane. Don't let the 3 stars fool you. But I'm trying to give honest feedback for the developers to see where they can improve. A few issues come to mind: 1) The extension seems to act funny with Google's login. I have about a dozen google accounts that I stored in Dashlane for myself and my family - but when I try to log in to some of the accounts, it doesn't offer the password or login info even though it's STORED in Dashlane already...and I switch among Google accounts a lot depending on site that I'm using, so this is a big deal. 2) the syncing is awful. I had about 300 passwords that I needed to change, and so every week I set a day aside to change about 20-30 of them. Problem is, there are times where I tell the extension to replace the password, but no matter how many times I refresh (and even restart) the desktop app, it still shows the old info. 3) There are times when I'm trying to log into a site, but the "D" on the form doesn't do anything when I click it and no prompt for me to use one of my saved passwords is given. 4) A weird thing is for times when 3) happens, I tend to go to the part that says "This Website" in the extension, only to find that I CAN find the login info, but when I click it, it opens up the desktop app and I have to search for that info again...a nuisance.
I’m Beyond Frustrated
I’ve been using this for two or three years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’m constantly bringing up the program and asking to see the password for a site so I can put it in for myself. It just doesn’t seem to recognize some sites when you go there to log in. Now I agreed to an update (from the App Store) a couple of days ago, and every since, I cannot get into Dashlane at all! I went to their website and explained the problem. I received an email back from “William” telling me to de-install it and reinstall from their website. I removed it, but when I went to reinstall it, it automatically took me to the App Store. So the program still doesn’t work, and in the meantime, I’m trying to work!!! Since “William” had asked me to let him know if I was successful, I issued another plea for help. This time I received an email from “Isagani” and he offered me two options, one of which was only good if I’d originally downloaded from their website. The second, going to the App Store, was the kicker. Here’s the advice: “On MacOD, and if Dashlane was downloaded via the Mac App Store, please note that we have submitted our fix to Apple for validation, which should take about 48 hours. If you need to get into Dashlane urgently, we can guide you in removing your version downloaded via the Mac App Store, and install the one from our website. Please let us know should you wish to proceed this way.” Unbelievable!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 50.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018 Dashlane. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Dashlane Premium $59.99
- Dashlane Premium Plus $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.