Are text files not importing correctly into your spreadsheets?
Did someone send you "just a text file" that looks like gibberish when you open it?
Do you feel that text files just aren't as easy as they used to be?
Then use Data Prepper to pre-process, reformat, and split and combine your text files!
Data Prepper lets you split text files into lines and columns, and then run a job to skip, trim, replace, reformat, rearrange, and join the lines and columns.
- Replace characters with a text string
- Skip, trim, replace, and join lines
- Trim whitespace, strings, or characters in columns
- Replace strings or regular expressions in columns
- Reformat dates, times, and numbers
- Rearrange columns
- Join columns
- Set the number of columns to include
- Combine multiple files in to one output file
- Supports Tab-delimited, Pipe-delimited, CSV, and other file formats
- Extensive logging shows issues with each input file in the job
Data Prepper can be used for many important tasks, such as:
- Preparing text files before importing into a database
- Making tables from data scraped from the internet
- Reformat dates, times, and numbers the way you prefer
... and much more!
And if you just want to copy data out of one app, rearrange it or reformat it, and paste it into another, then try the included Clipboard Data window!
The Clipboard Data window lets you split text that you copied from another app onto the macOS Clipboard and split it into lines and columns. Then you can...
- Trim, replace, or fill cells
- Add lines and columns
- Move lines and columns around
- Merge lines and columns
... and perform many other operations!
If you get file feeds from a vendor, or need to reformat data before inserting it into a spreadsheet, or need to extract only a few columns and rearrange them before inserting them in a database, then Data Prepper will come in handy.
Computer professionals who are deluged with data can now use Data Prepper and save a lot of time!
The "Skip Lines" operation is now "Skip or Keep Lines" and lets you keep only the lines you want from an input file.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for Simple Data Cleaning
I’ve been looking for an app like this for a while. My plan is to clean up a very messy csv file that I need to analyze each week then visualize the data with Tableau Software. Thankfiully Data Prepper removes the manual cleanup and the need for using a complex ETL tool.
I sent a few questions into the developer via the support form on their website, but it looks like the form is broken. Please fix the support form :)
Powerful and Useful
This application is very useful for modifying CSV files. By learning about Regular Expressions, you can significantly modify existing data to the format that you need column by column. The Previous Jobs window is extremely useful for repeated tasks.
Helps me clean up the user feedback from my eBay sales.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.