From a musician to musicians. DataCifra for iPad is an app that manages lyrics and chords with ease. Take them with you where ever you go. Search your music, create set lists, and organize things with tags like a pro. We promise, playing music will never be the same again. Here are some of our unique features:
- Search your songs by title, reference or lyrics;
- Organize your library with custom tags;
- Quick list of favorite songs;
- Generate ordered set lists;
- Chords editor with shortcuts;
- Assign audio notes to your songs and share them via email;
- Don’t have the song? Download it automatically from the cloud (we use several sources and more to come soon);
- Import a song from TXT files;
- Import multiple songs from ZIP files with multiple TXT files;
- Do you have DataCifra for Windows? Import and export .DTC files;
- Autosave while editing songs;
- Quick UI with gesture shortcuts to search songs;
- Change the pitch of the song with just one touch;
- Adjustable font sizes;
- Auto scroll control or scroll per page;
- Are you a singer? Hide the chords with one tap;
- Export your songs to PDF;
- Share your songs with other DataCifra users via AirDrop;
- Automatic Backup;
- Compatibility with Bluetooth keyboards and pedals to change and scroll songs.
- Compatibility with latest versions of iOS and iPadOS;
- Possibility to enter an email to keep an online backup;
- Removal of Youtube Video functionality (discontinued);
- Improved tonality change function;
- Export a PDF file with the song titles from a defined list: PDFLIST;
- Export a TXT file with music;
- Export a DTC file. Adding DataCifra compatibility for Windows (PC);
- Import a ZIP file with many TXT files;
- Import a song from the internet using a link "datacifra.com";
- Font size is saved for each song;
- New auto-scroll button;
- New option for scrolling mode per page (enabled in the options inside the app);
- Keep auto-scrolling between switching songs;
- Allow to delete a song while making selection for a set list;
- Ready to receive notifications;
- General usability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! A few simple features would improve
It’s a great app. So user friendly and helpful for any musician.
The interface is clean and easy to use.
Maybe useful to other users:
- synchronization with other DataCifra app: We always desire to share the songs/chords online to other datacifra users, it means to other IPad. Maybe we could share using iCloud or Google drive. Usually in a band we can have more than one iPad using DataCifra.
- import playlist from backup files: We usually share our musics/chords using the backup feature. This feature just imports the song/chords, but not the playlist we created on other IPad. We always have to create new playlist after restored the backup file with the imported songs.
- clear all: sometimes it duplicates the songs when importing backup file. So it would be more useful if we could just reset all from scratch and import a backup file from other IPad.
I do not know if it is a bug: when creating a backup file it generate two files: .zip and .drtcxlist. I was able only to import the .dtcxlist files containing the songs/chords. The audio I have never been able to import. I could not find anywhere to import the zip file from the backup.
Great app but a few flaws
First off, I really like this app. It is easy to use and has many features that work well for my needs. I attach my tablet to my mike stand and use this app to display the songs. It works great.
The chords are supposed to be a different color from the lyrics. Unfortunately that’s not the way it always works. Some cords are a different color and some are not. I wrote to them about it but haven’t heard back.
The one thing I wish it had is spellcheck. That would be great.
All in all it is a great app.
Developer Response ,
First of all, sorry for not giving you feedback. Unfortunately we did not receive your message, but send us an email to email@example.com that we will help you. Best!
Latest version is a great find
It took me a while to find the format and text layout for this to work best. I need the text a decent size when performing and that can present some formatting challenges. Also, running the iPad in portrait position seems to help the scrolling speed. The recent addition of widely variable scroll slider with start/stop button and cleanup to the editor make this a nifty little app
NOW if it would only quit prompting me to write a review EVERY time I open it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Edson Pieczarka Junior
- 7.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Edson Pieczarka Jr
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.