DataOrganizer is a personal database for macOS. While professional database software may be expensive and complex, DataOrganizer aims not only to be affordable and easy to use, but perhaps even fun.
DataOrganizer is free to download and can be tried out for 14 days with no restrictions. After that, DataOrganizer requires a subscription. Both annual and monthly plans are available.
There are a bunch of things you can do with DataOrganizer. You can…
1. Import existing data from Bento 4 databases, CSV files, and BayCard stacks.
DataOrganizer imports Bento 4 databases. Because the last version of Bento is a 32-bit app, it will not open in macOS 10.15 Catalina. With that in mind, DataOrganizer imports Bento's raw database file, ensuring that importing will continue to work even after system support for Bento has been removed. (Note: Encrypted and calculation fields are not presently supported.)
DataOrganizer also imports data from BayCard stacks (DataOrganizer’s predecessor), as well as data from Comma Separated Values (CSV) and Tab Separated Values (TSV) files.
2. Jump right in with eight ready-made templates.
DataOrganizer includes eight ready-made templates to get you started: Clients, Inventory, Issues, Journal, Membership List, Party Planner, Recipes, and Serial Numbers. Simply select a template and DataOrganizer will generate an appropriate library on the fly.
3. Quickly create your own libraries.
Should DataOrganizer not include a template that fits your needs, DataOrganizer makes it easy to create your own library in minutes.
4. Further organize your libraries using stacks and smart stacks.
If you want a “sub-group” of the cards in a library, you can create a stack or smart stack. A stack is similar to a playlist in iTunes, while a smart stack is criteria-based and is similar to a smart playlist.
5. Link to Contacts, Calendar, Mail, and Files.
DataOrganizer includes four field types that link to data that is already on your Mac.
6. Store collections of photos.
DataOrganizer also includes a field type known as a Media List Field that stores collections of one or more photos.
7. Link to other libraries using relationships.
Using a relationship field, DataOrganizer allows for one library to link to another library.
8. Track your locations with Geolocation Fields
As of version 3.0, DataOrganizer includes a Geolocation Field that can be used to track locations (latitude and longitude). Geolocation Fields can optionally display the recorded location in an embedded map. (Please note that an active wireless connection is required to obtain the current location.)
9. Switch over to the Table and Gallery views
In addition to the standard list view for libraries and stacks, DataOrganizer includes two additional view modes: Table and Gallery.
▪ Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited should you purchase a subscription.
▪ You will not be automatically enrolled in a paid subscription period after the trial period expires.
▪ Both the trial and the paid subscriptions are for the macOS version of DataOrganizer.
▪ Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase.
▪ Your paid subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off (subscription is canceled) at least 24-hours before the end of the current paid subscription period.
▪ Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current paid subscription period. The cost of the renewal is displayed in the above button corresponding to the subscription period.
▪ Your subscriptions can be managed by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Auto-renewal can be turned off in this section.
▪ Although you will still have read-only access to your data should a trial or subscription period not be in effect, you will not be able to make any changes to your data.
• Fixed an issue related to relationship fields where DataOrganizer would crash when attempting to show the selected card in the relationship field at full size. This would only occur if both the selected library and the relationship field’s library were the same.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the Mac app
The mac app is great but without an iOS companion the utility of this is very limited for me. If this had an ios app I would choose to use it in an instant.
Fabulous App and Very Stable
This app has been a life saver for me. I had a huge Bento database that I easily imported and I have since added to it and made new databases. It is a clean and elegant program and so functional as you can add so many differnt types of fields to your database. To those that say it keeps crashing I have had no such issue and find it very stable. And with each update the features get better and better. I highly recommend it if you need an organization app, especially if you are a former Bento user.
Has potential but support response stinks
Sad because this app has potential but emails sent to multiple developer addresses go unreplied. What I have are simple questions that are not covered by the generic videos that are posted in lieu of instructions. If the developers were smart they would answer the questions asked and create a database of the answers, after all they are selling a database product. Stay away from this app, you will be frustrated because it has all the possibilities of being good and despite its talent completely flops.
Developer Response ,
I apologize that you have not heard back from me. A user who sent me a question (via email) earlier in the month did not receive my response. I resent the response, although I did not know if it was delivered.
I do not know if my massage was marked as junk or if there was a server issue.
Could you send me a direct message to @bayhoff. From there, I can answer your questions.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Freedman
- 9.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2016-21 Bayhoff Software. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 14-Day Trial
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.