FREE PREVIEW – View select topics to experience the detailed monographs that provide everything needed for pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test care.
**Featuring Content from the New 9th Edition**
* Easy-To-Understand Guidance for Before, During, and After Every Test *
ABOUT DAVIS’S LABORATORY & DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Davis’s Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests contains hundreds of diagnostic test descriptions to help understand and implement critical test procedures. Each entry delivers details on test function, accurately interpreting normal and abnormal results, and preparing your patients. With recommendations on pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test care, this mobile resource is the perfect companion for practicing nurses, nursing students, and other health care professionals.
• Up-to-date monographs of over 400 laboratory and diagnostic tests
• Unique coverage of laboratory and diagnostic tests for subspecialties, such as maternity, therapeutic drug monitoring, nutrition and sensory
• New coverage of sensitive issues that nurses encounter in real-life practice such as patient decisions on childhood vaccinations, caring for victims of sexual assault, and how to describe maternal markers to screen for generic defects
• Emphasis on Clinical Judgment with “Nursing Implications, Nursing Process, Clinical Judgment” sections added to draw attention to the clinical judgment aspect of care
• Cross-reference links to related tests
• Common Use sections with everyday language descriptions of what the test is for
• Useful appendices including Critical Findings, Procedural Checklists, Patient Prep and Specimen Collection
• Interfering Factors listing anything that may interfere with the results of the test
• Highlight and make notes within any entry
• Advanced Search helps find topics quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Anne M. Van Leeuwen, MA, BS, MT (ASCP); Mickey L. Bladh, RN, MSN
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
* Update featuring the full contents from the new 9th edition
* New app banner and icons
* Bug fixes
Please contact Unbound Support with any questions regarding this latest update.
Ratings and Reviews
A Go-To and Must-Have for Today's Clinician!
A go-to and must-have app for today's savvy clinician! Includes accurate descriptions of diagnostic tests as well as nursing and clinical diagnoses for abnormal findings. Also includes age appropriate adjustments for "normal" laboratory values.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your thorough review and kind words. We love hearing that you are making full use of everything the app has to offer.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Davis's Labs & Diagnostic Test $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.