Day Repeat Day is an interactive story and a match-3 game that takes you through the years in a life of an average person. You're hired to do a job. You try to manage your relationships. But you're never really sure where it's all leading to. It's a story about living, the daily grind and what it all means in the end, topped with a sprinkle of satire and mysteries.
After doing a lot of action games, I wanted to do something much more intimate and personal and Day Repeat Day is what came of it.
- It takes some serious ingenuity to subvert a genre as entrenched as the mobile match-3 game, but somehow developer Kimmo Factor, probably most well-known for the awesome hack ‘n slash game Barbearian, has done exactly that - Game of the Week / Touch Arcade
- It turns out to be much, much more than this, than either genre, a whole, complicated and unique creation, that speaks truth about life, about work, about hierarchies and about mistakes. It’s stunning. - Kotaku
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
My only complaint is I wish there were achievements included. I’m also not sure about the possibility of multiple endings like in the steam game… I’ve been trying, but haven’t been able to figure it out myself, and as far as I know there’s no guide, so not sure if it’s even possible on iPad. If it is, awesome, I’ll keep trying.
Layers of intelligent gameplay
At first this looks like a way to make match three have a bit more personality. Ok fun they made it your job. Then there is the chat box. You can choose to be the perfect employee and the dream spouse, a great friend and support your alcoholic brother or you can choose not to. 😈 The first time I played this I did my job, I was a nice person but a amazing as the game was, already 5 star worthy, I missed the best part. All those phone numbers. Smart, hilarious and a bit horrifying. Absolute perfection.
An absolute gem
This is easily the most compelling writing I have seen in a game in 2021. Each choice feels weighty and difficult and the narrative never stops extolling the price for every choice you’ve made before. I’ve never played a match three game where I spend virtually every moment second-guessing everything I’ve done. The story will keep me up at night and I will return to this game for a second and third play through. This is time and money well spent.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kimmo Factor Oy
- 557.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2022 Kimmo Factor Oy
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.