DB-Text is able to open and manipulate CSV and TSV file as never was possible before
To import any CSV or TSV file is enough to drag and drop (or select via a standard open dialog) the file to import
It has a lot of function and utilities to make your job faster and easier
EASY TO USE
• Accept drag and drop to import
• Autorecognize the type of file and format
• It can accept data with mixed use of quotas
• Data can be manipulated inside the window in an easy and intuitive way
• Easy find and filtering functions
• It can enlarge or shrink all the columns in a single step from the toolbar
• It allows to move and adjust columns as the user needs.
• Export of all to: CSV, TSV, html or custom format selecting separators and other tags
• All function in a click, no need to code even to set custom complex export format
• Import from any format (tab separated value, comma separated value, char separated value using semicolon), via file selection or drag and drop from the finder on any documents
• Import from all the most used encoding file (also from documents coming from Windows)
• Import dialog that let you select for any column (field) where to import inside the table
• Popup inside the import dialog to specify field destinations or specify new columns to create
• Full data browsing before import inside the import dialog
• Optional 'Use first row as header'
• Fast opening creating a new column table for any text column in the file
• Import more then one time inside a document with a great Mac interface to specify where to add data in a pre-existing table
• Manipulation of data easy and intuitive
• Edit in place for any data
• Sort and filter with a click inside the document (you can sort case sensitive or not)
• Optional save of most used search terms inside the search field
• Copy as CSV (comma separated) or TSV (tab separated) or HTML of selected rows in the clipboard
• Assign at any time the content of a row as column header
• Saves also in native format
• Document based for a better data management
• Add delete columns and rows at any time with a click
• Columns can be moved at any time as the user needs
• Edit column accessory view to see how your data are organized (useful if you have a lot of columns data)
• Export dialog that let you select from which fields to export and in which order
• You can export in the format you like, you can even define a custom export format with personalized tags as fields separator, record separator, start of data, end and so on. You can personalize export exactly in the way you need.
• Optimized for MacOS 10.14 Mojave
• Works also in Dark Mode
• PDF Help User Guide
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
• Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
• Merge all documents in a window
• Full screen
• Automatic resume
• Tags in finder
• Improved export capabilities adding 'CSV no Quotes'
• Now can copy selected records also as 'CSV no Quotes'
• Now can export All or Filtered Records
• Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not Compatible with Sierra
No working version compatible with Sierra at this time. It only says “Application Not Responding.”
Developer Response ,
The application perfectly works with macOS Sierra. Please be sure the application you downloaded from the App Store is not corrupted. In case delete it and re-download a fresh version. Thank you.
Very fast searched
I will admit this app is not Filemaker but it is incredibly fast especially searching. Downside to this is it is only text that means no calculated fields, no date fields etc. You can put these in but they read as text only. Also if importing do not try to import note/memo typoe field that are multi line, they get a separate line on import which doesn;t really mess things up but it makes the table bigger for nothing. I don’t really know of a fix for this other than to not import it. Single line notes are ok. I have a 1995 line table and it can search and find the two entries that is in the table in less than a second and another big plus for me on this is I don’t even have to press enter it searches while I type. If you are trying to keep track of stuff and don’t need a lot of features this app is perfect. Also I have never had a crash or error of any kind with this app. I do wish there were a Linux version also
I’d be sunk without this app
DB-Text helps me maintain a database 11,157 rows by 4 columns. Native files and imports load instantly. Searches are wicked fast and results are filtered to show only those rows that fulfill search criteria.
I use DB-Text's Export to Text feature to save the file to my Dropbox folder for searching on my iPad. Unfortunately, finding an equivalent tsv/csv reader for the iPad has proved challenging. CSV Touch comes close but doesn’t allow editing. I wish Tension Software would port DB-Text to the iPad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.