DBT Diary Card is the only DBT iPhone app designed and created by a licensed and DBT intensively trained psychologist.
Highlights of version 3.0:
+ graphing data across time
+ on device PDF viewing
+ daily reminders
+ Password locking to prevent others from seeing your diary cards.
Read what our actual users say:
"***** Best DBT app available!!!
Simply put, this is the most helpful DBT or CBT app available. I bought a new iPhone to be able to use it. DBT skills are priceless. I had tried every, other DBT and CBT app. This one follows the traditional DBT program exactly, and is the only Diary Card. Before I had this app, I'd seldom fill in my diary card. Now that I have it, I don't have to keep track of paper, and I rarely miss a day. I can fill in my Diary Card discreetly, from anywhere, anytime, and send it directly to my DBT coach. I no longer have to worry about someone coming across my Diary Cards. You can brush up on skills, use it for distress tolerance suggestions, tailor it to your needs, and even journal. I appreciate that I can add personal goals to my diary. Thank you for this app!" - iTunes US Review
"***** I am in IRL-DBT and this app is the perfect complement. Oh. I love that the app is so flexible, that you can make it kind of your own, and the layout is so nice, simple, yet beautiful. For me, a true life-saver! Genius! Without a doubt the best app in my IPhone... Get it now!" - iTunes Sweden Review
"***** Perfect! Worth the money!" - iTunes US Review
As an educated consumer, it's important to know to whom you're listening. DBT Diary Card was created by a Ph.D. psychologist trained directly by Dr. Marsha Linehan and at the Duke University Medical Center; we are experts in DBT, providing consultation to many in our community. And now we're giving it to you!
A DBT app can have 3 parts:
- A reference manual
- A behavior tracker
- A skills coach
DBT Diary Card has all 3 of these parts and utilizes the iOS platform in ways that the other apps available don't and can't.
+ PDF generation
+ Notification Pane support
+ Password protection
+ Advanced text editing
+ Media playback
What DBT Diary Card has to offer:
- Skills. LOTS of them. Every DBT skill you've ever heard about in a group is in here. It can be your quick reference to your skills so that you don't have to carry around your book or binder. Every skill is described in readable language to help you understand them easily and it's all just a quick tap away.
- Emotions. All the "basic" emotions are presented, again with descriptions and explanations a quick tap away.
- Behaviors. The most troublesome are pre-loaded.
- Coaching. If you know you need to use a skill but can't think of which one or can't remember how to choose, use the app. The coaching can be your virtual therapist.
- Complete customizability. Are you working on something different or do you have a different understanding of a particular skill or emotion? Change it. It's that easy. You are not wedded to the way it's presented in the app. It's all completely customizable.
- 911 skills. Put your emergency skills a tap away. You can call directly from the app, listen to your distress tolerance music, remember what apps help in the moment.
- Email. You can email your therapist your diary card on a weekly basis automatically, you can do it manually whenever you'd like or you can have the app remind you.
* Telephony features require an iPhone and voice service.
Bug fixes. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve the app!
Ratings and Reviews
I want to give it 5 stars but it keeps deleting my past week’s information
Let me start with saying I love this app. I’ve been using it for years with few negative things to say. I’m getting used to the new interface and am starting to like this version also. However it is now really buggy. Two weeks ago it deleted all my information from the previous week but with a new update restored it. Now this week it again deleted the previous week’s diary cards. I’ve been waiting for a new update to fix this, too, but it hasn’t had an update as of the writing of this review and this time if the developer could fix it—for good—that would be much appreciated. I don’t know if there are any comparable diary card apps but I’d hate to lose all my information with changing apps because if this keeps up I just can’t keep using an app like this that I use for personal information regarding my mental health/other personal stuff being super buggy all the time. Please fix it! Otherwise unfortunately I’ll have to look elsewhere.
Extremely helpful app
As other reviewers have pointed out, this is an extremely helpful app. The documentation toggles work well, and the same page definitions/descriptions are super valuable for the newcomer who's just getting used to the DBT language. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because the Notes app doesn't let you see the bottome of a longer not unless you close it and reopen it. It also doesn't let you move your cursor back to the end if you place it in another spot in the text to correct or add something. My hack for this, and the fact that there's no computer app to sync it with, is to write my notes in an email and then copy that email and paste it in notes so my therapist can review them when I dend her the chart/log. The emailing cpacity on the app works perfectly.
The best DBT app for the iPhone.
The best thing about this app is that there are very thorough explanations for all of the skills that are below all the choices. I wish I had this app a couple years ago, because, I would have learned them faster. The only glitch I've discovered and it seems to of just started recently, within the last few weeks, is that when I have to do multiple previous days that when I submit all the sections for the day and then go back to do another day, the orange star that indicates the day was completely filled out, doesn't appear until I exit out and go back to the main menu and then we select the previous days icon again. But this is a very good app for The Diary cards all of the notes for each skill is wonderful to have right in the app itself.
- Durham DBT, Inc.
- 43.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Durham DBT, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.