DBT Diary Card is the only DBT iPhone app designed and created by a licensed and DBT intensively trained psychologist.
Highlights of version 3.0:
+ graphing data across time
+ on device PDF viewing
+ daily reminders
+ Password locking to prevent others from seeing your diary cards.
Read what our actual users say:
"***** Best DBT app available!!!
Simply put, this is the most helpful DBT or CBT app available. I bought a new iPhone to be able to use it. DBT skills are priceless. I had tried every, other DBT and CBT app. This one follows the traditional DBT program exactly, and is the only Diary Card. Before I had this app, I'd seldom fill in my diary card. Now that I have it, I don't have to keep track of paper, and I rarely miss a day. I can fill in my Diary Card discreetly, from anywhere, anytime, and send it directly to my DBT coach. I no longer have to worry about someone coming across my Diary Cards. You can brush up on skills, use it for distress tolerance suggestions, tailor it to your needs, and even journal. I appreciate that I can add personal goals to my diary. Thank you for this app!" - iTunes US Review
"***** I am in IRL-DBT and this app is the perfect complement. Oh. I love that the app is so flexible, that you can make it kind of your own, and the layout is so nice, simple, yet beautiful. For me, a true life-saver! Genius! Without a doubt the best app in my IPhone... Get it now!" - iTunes Sweden Review
"***** Perfect! Worth the money!" - iTunes US Review
As an educated consumer, it's important to know to whom you're listening. DBT Diary Card was created by a Ph.D. psychologist trained directly by Dr. Marsha Linehan and at the Duke University Medical Center; we are experts in DBT, providing consultation to many in our community. And now we're giving it to you!
A DBT app can have 3 parts:
- A reference manual
- A behavior tracker
- A skills coach
DBT Diary Card has all 3 of these parts and utilizes the iOS platform in ways that the other apps available don't and can't.
+ PDF generation
+ Notification Pane support
+ Password protection
+ Advanced text editing
+ Media playback
What DBT Diary Card has to offer:
- Skills. LOTS of them. Every DBT skill you've ever heard about in a group is in here. It can be your quick reference to your skills so that you don't have to carry around your book or binder. Every skill is described in readable language to help you understand them easily and it's all just a quick tap away.
- Emotions. All the "basic" emotions are presented, again with descriptions and explanations a quick tap away.
- Behaviors. The most troublesome are pre-loaded.
- Coaching. If you know you need to use a skill but can't think of which one or can't remember how to choose, use the app. The coaching can be your virtual therapist.
- Complete customizability. Are you working on something different or do you have a different understanding of a particular skill or emotion? Change it. It's that easy. You are not wedded to the way it's presented in the app. It's all completely customizable.
- 911 skills. Put your emergency skills a tap away. You can call directly from the app, listen to your distress tolerance music, remember what apps help in the moment.
- Email. You can email your therapist your diary card on a weekly basis automatically, you can do it manually whenever you'd like or you can have the app remind you.
* Telephony features require an iPhone and voice service.
We periodically update the app to fix bugs and create a better experience for the users.
Ratings and Reviews
IPhone 11 Issue
The app worked awesome on my previous IPhone. My new IPhone 11 Pro Max the notes are half off the screen and the button you push to enter notes sits on the first note making it difficult to use. I use the notes as my diary for the day so I can reference back to it during my therapy session. I tried to uninstall the app and re-install it but that didn’t fix it, I only lost all my saved information. Feeling frustrated.
After submitted my review an updated was released that fixed the note issues. This is by far the best DBT app I have found. The customization allows me to tailor it to what is being addressed and worked on whole turning off the targets I don’t need to track.
Update.... The IPhone 11 will not allow me to update/edit the time. This feature was handy when I remembered something from the previous day and wanted it to be in the correct order of events for that day.
Developer Response ,
We recently updated the app to better support iPhone 11 and the latest iOS version. If you try the latest version of the app you will see that the issue the mention has been addressed.
Some parts of the app are really helpful: keeping track of emotions and skills, and being able to edit them. However, (1) one of the selling points is emailing the diary card to your therapist, and this feature hasn’t worked, I could email it to my self either. I’ve been sending screenshots to my therapist instead, hence PART of my frustration. (2) I have emailed support twice on the matter without a response, it has been months. (3) I also have questions I want to ask about some of the features like trying to adjust the date on the diary card (since I’m doing it manually), but I can’t; (4) and the colored graphs look really cool except it’s not showing the second page or all the variables. In closing, the above issues aside, I like this app. I like adding time stamped notes with my thoughts and adjusting the categories throughout the day, and the daily alarm to complete it. I hope someone sees this and gets in contact with me and fixes the problems. Peace.
Dear Developer/Therapist who created this app,
I get that app development is not your day job. I get that you created something that you thought would be (and is!) helpful. But now things are breaking within the app and you’ve either decided to do nothing or have completely forgotten about us altogether. Or maybe you know we’re frustrated but don’t know how to fix the litany of bugs in your app. That’s understandable. But we did pay for this app, and therefore a certain standard of upkeep is required. If you are not up to that task, I suggest issuing us all refunds and making this a free app. If you aren’t willing to issue refunds and can’t fix the bugs, perhaps hire a developer short-term who can. As it stands, we paid for something that doesn’t fully work, and that is unacceptable.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Durham DBT, Inc.
- 42.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Durham DBT, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.