Decoding/encoding Dolby B/C formatted audio in digital domain
DDi Codec is a precise digital equivalent of the classical Dolby-B/C noise reduction system for analog audio tape. It is the world's first dedicated software capable of decoding or encoding Dolby-C formatted audio in digital domain, along with full backward compatibility to Dolby-B. Powered by the proprietary DSP engine, the decoding/encoding can be performed in realtime pace, which allows instant monitoring and control of quality.
Deeper optimal result can be achieved by using the fine-tuning tools that come with the software, as specified below:
• The Reference Vernier is the primary tool for aligning Dolby Reference Level in an progressive and interactive manner. It supports either objective calibration (with Dolby Tone) or subjective estimation (without Dolby Tone).
• The Azimuth and Gap-Loss tools can compensate minor imperfection of an analog tape player used for digitizing audio tapes.
• The Play Trim is another tool for compensating weakened signal on aged pre-recorded tapes.
• The EQ Converter offers digital translation between IEC 120μs and 70μs tape EQ schemes — useful if such an options is not available on a given tape player/recorder.
• The built-in tone generator offers 400Hz 0dB signal at Dolby Reference Level for easy calibration.
All these tools can work independently from the Dolby-B/C codec, which can also be applied for refining non-Dolby formatted audio.
DDi Codec is a stand-alone GUI app (without relying on any other DAW host). It allows the computer to perform as a outboard Dolby-B/C NR unit in one of the following four modes:
• Audio-In to File (a digitizer/recorder).
• File to Audio-Out (a player).
• File to File (an off-line processor, with batch capability).
• Audio-In to Audio-Out (a through processor, with slight delay).
Currently supported audio formats are:
WAV, FLAC, AIFF: up to 96k/24bit.
MP3, AAC, M4A: up to 48k/VBRS.
* Excluding some proprietary variants having the common file extensions, or additional format-normalization may be required.
A VST plugin is also available after the app has been installed.
* Dolby-B and C are the tape noise reduction systems developed by Dolby Laboratories.
Updated embedded document.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chen Wang
- 2.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 - 2021 Anaxwaves
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.