Dead Cells 12+
Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Save up to 50% until March 13th to celebrate the new update!
Death is not the end.
Play as a failed alchemic experiment and explore the sprawling, ever-changing castle to find out what happened on this gloomy island…!
That is, assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.
Dead Cells is a roguevania action platformer that will require you to master frantic 2D combat with a wide variety of weapons and skills against merciless minions and boss.
Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat.
First available on PC and consoles, the indie hit Dead Cells is now slaying foes on mobile!
• Roguevania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath
• Frantic and Dynamic 2D Action: Learn your enemies’ patterns to stay alive, or prepare to be sent back to your cell before you can say “baguette”
• Nonlinear Progression: Unlock new levels with every death, opt for the path that suits your current build, your playstyle or just your mood.
Surely, the ramparts can’t be as bad the sewers, right?
• Play at your own pace: Will you explore every nook and cranny of the castle, or rush to the end?
NEW FREE UPDATE :
Boss Rush Mode
Discover a new alternative game mode to fight your favourite bosses back to back
Everyone is Here Vol. 2
Spice up your runs with 6 new Outfits, Weapons and lore rooms based your favourite indie games. Gather items from Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami, Katana Zero, Risk of Rain 2, Terraria and Slay the Spire!
THE BAD SEED DLC
You reap what you sow
• New levels to lose your head in: the not-so-peaceful Dilapidated Arboretum and the noxious Morass of the Banished
• New monsters to rip to pieces: get to know the locals, such as the Jerkshroom and the Yeeter
• New weapons to play with: trim sticking out heads with the Scythe Claw, or make them dance to the sound of the Rhythm n' Bouzouki
• New boss to fight against: Mama Tick is dying to meet you
FATAL FALLS DLC
Ready for a leap of faith?
• 3 new biomes - Get some fresh air at the Fractured Shrines, splash around at the Undying Shores and take a picture at the Mausoleum
• 8 new monsters - The Cold Blooded Guardians and their friends would love to teach you about their culture. ... Wait, aren't those relatives of yours in the Undying Shores...?
• 7 new weapons - lil' Serenade is perfect for breaking the ice with the locals, although the Snake Fangs would make for a perfect souvenir...
• 1 new boss - The Scarecrow is very proud of his gardening skills and won't hesitate to show off
QUEEN AND THE SEA DLC
Take it to the sea!
• 2 new biomes - Battle your way through a rotten shipwreck, or scale a burning lighthouse and confront your deadliest foe yet.
• 9 new weapons, including a throwable shark, a trident and a pirate hook hand (eyepatch not included).
• 2 new bosses - Don't lose your head before you meet the Queen!
This DLC also gives you the usual extras:
- A not-so-cute pet.
- Loads of new outfits.
- New enemies to bash.
WARNING : Devices with less than 2gb of RAM may not be able to run this content correctly. We reccomend not to take this DLC if your device is under 2gb of RAM.
Carefully redesigned for mobile with a revamped interface
• Two game modes available: Original & Auto-Hit
• Custom controls & More touch controls options available: Change the buttons’ position and size to your liking, swipe to dodge…
• MFi external controller support
• No ads, no F2P mechanics!
If you run into a problem, please contact us at email@example.com
with as much information as possible on the issue.
-- Boss Rush Mode --
Discover a new alternative game mode to fight your favourite bosses back to back:
- Pass the 4 trials and overcome nervy bosses to earn gold and cells to invest in the forge
- Enjoy a well deserved reward for your efforts with 8 new skins, a new weapon, a new skill and a new mutation
- Craving for more challenge? Let's see if you survive the enhanced bosses...
- Set your success in stone with a new customizable statue
-- Everyone is Here Vol. 2 --
Spice up your runs with 6 new Outfits, Weapons and lore rooms basedon your favorite indie games:
- Drop meteors from the sky with Terraria's Starfury heavenly sword,
- Shoulder bash monsters and get bouncy with Shovel Knight's King Scepter,
- Bash and stun ennemies with Jacket's baseball bat from Hotline Miami,
- Throw devastating object with Subject ZERO - you really thought we would just add another Katana?
- Draw from Slay the Spire's Diverse Deck to use each of the classes' devastating skills,
- Slash all your foes with Risk of Rain's devastating Laser Glaive.
Ratings and Reviews
Dead Cells is a celebration of perseverence: In this game, death is never final, but an essential learning tool. With every new run through ever-changing, enemy-infested levels, you get a little stronger and a little more skilled at overcoming relentless adversaries—and gradually overcome obstacles that once felt insurmountable. The acclaimed roguelike platformer makes all rewards feel earned; you'll be motivated to to brush off mistakes and charge back into battle again and again.
Roguelite fans, you’ve found your newest conquest! Dead Cells is a fantastic combination of platforming and combat paired with incredible art and game flow. Battle through levels, unlock permanent upgrades and find a variety of weapons and skills. Every run is different as the weapons and skills available to you change, but no run is pointless, as the cells gathered in each area can be used to unlock new features and weapons for future runs. This game is great for casual players and hardcore gamers alike! The difficulty scaling modes unlock after beating the game for the first time, providing more difficult challenges for those who want them, but there’s plenty to do just by playing the game on it’s original mode. There’s plenty of lore for those who want to seek it out (with the game timer stopping in these areas so you can read, which is genius) but it isn’t essential to gameplay. I highly recommend getting the DLC- it provides different paths to take, new areas to explore, new enemies to battle and new equipment to claim, and means you don’t have to run the same areas over and over. The art and music is impeccable, and the variety in gameplay is refreshing and provides infinite replay value. The controls, being touchscreen, take a little adjusting to, but in my opinion work very well once you’ve adjusted to the learning curve. All in all, it’s a fantastic game for anyone interested in the genre and complete newbies alike, and I highly recommend :)
This game keeps on giving, and I’m not talking about how it has more content after you beat the game, but it does that exceptionally well too. I keep coming back to this game, switching from Xbox to laptop to the app on my phone now because they keep releasing new content that completely changes to feel of the game (in the best way possible). The foundation for this game is so solid I’m sure an entire world could be built with this gameplay, not just an island this game’s setting is using, which is why I’m sad to hear the DLC in 2022 is the last they plan on doing. I’m sure their next project will be amazing as well, but I want Deadcells to keep living and growing. It knows exactly what it is, and it has mastered itself in the way most games can barely dream of, let alone come close to. I love this game, for its art style, the music, the gameplay, the story, the ingenuity, and most of all, raw uniqueness, especially because it’s a direct inspiration from all the beloved games that have come before and after. I’m in love with the gameplay provided by the last DLC and more so by the crossover content. The newest weapons are an absolute joy, and I never thought my favorite weapon in a game would be a bone, but like I said before, Deadcells does it right.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 1.5 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Motion Twin
- In-App Purchases
- The Bad Seed $3.99
- Fatal Falls $3.99
- The Queen and the Sea $3.99
- Return to Castlevania $7.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.