Death is not the end.
Play as a failed alchemic experiment and explore the sprawling, ever-changing castle to find out what happened on this gloomy island…!
That is, assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.
Dead Cells is a roguevania action platformer that will require you to master frantic 2D combat with a wide variety of weapons and skills against merciless minions and boss.
Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat.
First available on PC and consoles, the indie hit Dead Cells is now slaying foes on mobile!
• Roguevania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath
• Frantic and Dynamic 2D Action: Learn your enemies’ patterns to stay alive, or prepare to be sent back to your cell before you can say “baguette”
• Nonlinear Progression: Unlock new levels with every death, opt for the path that suits your current build, your playstyle or just your mood.
Surely, the ramparts can’t be as bad the sewers, right?
• Play at your own pace: Will you explore every nook and cranny of the castle, or rush to the end?
Carefully redesigned for mobile with a revamped interface
• Two game modes available: Original & Auto-Hit
• Custom controls & More touch controls options available: Change the buttons’ position and size to your liking, swipe to dodge…
• MFi external controller support
• Pay once to get the full Dead Cells experience! No ads, no F2P mechanics!
If you run into a problem, please contact us at email@example.com with as much information as possible on the issue.
- Fixed occasional input unresponsiveness when swipe to dodge is active
- Fixed issues with the Collector UI
Ratings and Reviews
I wish I was better at this game.
Great game, well worth the price, addictive.
Not unbearably hard, actually pretty easy to get into but I feel that it’s going to probably be hard to master. It is challenging but fair. Every time I lose I know it’s my own inadequacies at playing the game and I want to hop right back in for another run. The way the game is designed makes it very easy to do so: you are expected to die a lot and the game doesn’t punish you for doing so. Every run is a blank slate and at least partially randomized each time. That said there are some things that carry over across multiple runs and you sort of unlock more and more of those so between that and your own growing skill you get the sense that you’re getting a bit further each time.
Controls can be a bit awkward given the small size of the screen. I think though that that is equal parts the inherent downside of the platform (small touch screens) and a mix of both my own unfamiliarity with the controls and me not quite deciding yet what the best configuration is for me (you can move around the control icons).
This is by far one of the best ports of a game to iOS! PLAY IT!
I heard about this game quite a while ago and instantly the visual style appealed to me greatly. What I saw was a game that was so full of potential that I wanted to play it. Alas at that time I couldn’t because I have no computer, which is why I was so unbelievably excited when I heard that this game was being ported to iOS. I’m barely an hour into the game and I’m already enjoying it very much. The difficulty is very much like my experience with dark souls, it’s there but when you get the hang of it you can go pretty far. I also absolutely love the way you keep your runes and other upgrades, it makes it so much more enjoyable than having to restart with absolutely nothing like some games I’ve played. Overall I’d say that this is without a doubt one of the best iOS ports I’ve ever seen, I cannot wait to see what this developer has in store for this game and others.
I didn’t play Dead Cells on PC or Console
I’m definitely going to now, of course, $30 price tag or not. The fact that I can get this a game of this level of quality on mobile is a testament to the fact that phones really are mobile gaming consoles. The degree of polish Dead Cells Mobile possesses is absurd. The animations are fluid and gorgeous, a range of different visual effects to stun you (and your enemies lolololol), cute little character animations like a shrug or a head tilt with some flavorful commentary add personality to the game that so many others lack. The music and sound effects are both great, fitting the mood of the levels and the weapons/spells that make them. The difficulty and learning curve are up there, but not ridiculous at all and learnable even for those not well versed in this genre. The persistent unlockable system works well and feels fair. Overall, Dead Cells Mobile feels like the full package!
- 663.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Motion Twin
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.