Death is not the end.
Play as a failed alchemic experiment and explore the sprawling, ever-changing castle to find out what happened on this gloomy island…!
That is, assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.
Dead Cells is a roguevania action platformer that will require you to master frantic 2D combat with a wide variety of weapons and skills against merciless minions and boss.
Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat.
First available on PC and consoles, the indie hit Dead Cells is now slaying foes on mobile!
• Roguevania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath
• Frantic and Dynamic 2D Action: Learn your enemies’ patterns to stay alive, or prepare to be sent back to your cell before you can say “baguette”
• Nonlinear Progression: Unlock new levels with every death, opt for the path that suits your current build, your playstyle or just your mood.
Surely, the ramparts can’t be as bad the sewers, right?
• Play at your own pace: Will you explore every nook and cranny of the castle, or rush to the end?
NEW FREE UPDATE
Practice Makes Perfect - Test your skills in the Training Room before you set out on your path with the new World Map
Everyone is Here! - Crazy outfits and weapons from your favorite indie games have made it to the island! Collect items from Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul & Curse of the Dead Gods!
• New outfits
THE BAD SEED DLC
You reap what you sow
• New levels to lose your head in: the not-so-peaceful Dilapidated Arboretum and the noxious Morass of the Banished
• New monsters to rip to pieces: get to know the locals, such as the Jerkshroom and the Yeeter
• New weapons to play with: trim sticking out heads with the Scythe Claw, or make them dance to the sound of the Rhythm n' Bouzouki
• New boss to fight against: Mama Tick is dying to meet you
FATAL FALLS DLC
Ready for a leap of faith?
• 3 new biomes - Get some fresh air at the Fractured Shrines, splash around at the Undying Shores and take a picture at the Mausoleum
• 8 new monsters - The Cold Blooded Guardians and their friends would love to teach you about their culture. ... Wait, aren't those relatives of yours in the Undying Shores...?
• 7 new weapons - lil' Serenade is perfect for breaking the ice with the locals, although the Snake Fangs would make for a perfect souvenir...
• 1 new boss - The Scarecrow is very proud of his gardening skills and won't hesitate to show off
QUEEN AND THE SEA DLC
Take it to the sea!
• 2 new biomes - Battle your way through a rotten shipwreck, or scale a burning lighthouse and confront your deadliest foe yet.
• 9 new weapons, including a throwable shark, a trident and a pirate hook hand (eyepatch not included).
• 2 new bosses - Don't lose your head before you meet the Queen!
This DLC also gives you the usual extras:
- A not-so-cute pet.
- Loads of new outfits.
- New enemies to bash.
WARNING : Devices with less than 2gb of RAM may not be able to run this content correctly. We reccomend not to take this DLC if your device is under 2gb of RAM.
Carefully redesigned for mobile with a revamped interface
• Two game modes available: Original & Auto-Hit
• Custom controls & More touch controls options available: Change the buttons’ position and size to your liking, swipe to dodge…
• MFi external controller support
• No ads, no F2P mechanics!
If you run into a problem, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible on the issue.
Fixed achievements issues
Giant now does knock the crystals from the ceiling as it should
Minor UI fixes
Fixed controller binding for switching map display
Flask goggles can now be moved
Fixed Aspects UI layout
Fixed audio volumes & values rounding in options
Fixed a few minor localization issues
Ratings and Reviews
This game keeps on giving, and I’m not talking about how it has more content after you beat the game, but it does that exceptionally well too. I keep coming back to this game, switching from Xbox to laptop to the app on my phone now because they keep releasing new content that completely changes to feel of the game (in the best way possible). The foundation for this game is so solid I’m sure an entire world could be built with this gameplay, not just an island this game’s setting is using, which is why I’m sad to hear the DLC in 2022 is the last they plan on doing. I’m sure their next project will be amazing as well, but I want Deadcells to keep living and growing. It knows exactly what it is, and it has mastered itself in the way most games can barely dream of, let alone come close to. I love this game, for its art style, the music, the gameplay, the story, the ingenuity, and most of all, raw uniqueness, especially because it’s a direct inspiration from all the beloved games that have come before and after. I’m in love with the gameplay provided by the last DLC and more so by the crossover content. The newest weapons are an absolute joy, and I never thought my favorite weapon in a game would be a bone, but like I said before, Deadcells does it right.
Such an awesome game never get bored
I like dead cells. I’ve played on Switch and I just had to buy a mobile one too. The game structure is designed so that you never get enough of it because you can never be strong enough with max hp. Every time you die, you start over with 100 hp lol. I personally think those games that let you master and hit max hp always get me bored out since it gives a feeling that I’ve already hit the top. This game doesn’t let you feel that way and is always challenging to survive. But it’s definitely doable. I’m not really that good at controls in general but I’m totally okay with playing this game. Plus, so far I’ve been perfectly fine with the controls on mobile version of this game. It’s totally worth the money and time. It’s very well designed, balanced, reasonable difficulty, and there are many surprises and loots that are hidden and many many possibilities of new paths in the game. To be able to play such well developed game at this price is a bargain! One thing that disappointed me is that while I was able to play with different languages on Switch, I could not play the mobile version with different language setting. I wish they’d add this feature if possible. Other than that, no problem with the game!
Beautiful, just beautiful
At first I was skeptical, as I thought the game was originally intended for PC, so I thought it was off bounds for me, or that it would be a cheap rework with in app payments. But yet, I find it sitting there in the recommendation section, and I just had to try it.
For those wondering, it’s a one time payment. You pay once for the game, and you get the game. Plain and simple, the way games should be sold. I just want the developer to know, if you put in an optional donation function, I don’t doubt people will thank you and your team for your flexibility!
Random generation for new life’s is incredible, I truly feel as if I’m trapped in repeat, but yet it never gets old. First time was expectingly clumsy. I stumbled along, and got killed by spikes. I got re... globulated? And I found a fire Molotov like throwable. I was doing pretty well! Then I found an amulet that made it so when you did your down smashing attack the ground you landed on gets engulfed in flames. I was cruising along, but then my lack of skill is what got me killed. I’ve found that restarting with the default weapons, I’ve improved. I’m taking less and less damage each run, and it feels really good to know that’s me, and not some boost.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Motion Twin
- In-App Purchases
- The Bad Seed $3.99
- Fatal Falls $3.99
- The Queen and the Sea $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.