The DealNews app lets you skip all the discount duds that flood the internet everyday, and instead discover the best deals in one convenient place.
Our shopping experts sort through thousands of sales and grab only the very best ones to put into our app. If you ever wished you had a personal shopper that told you what to buy and how to get it on sale, then DealNews is the free app you’ve been waiting for.
* Peruse Today’s Best Deals – Quickly review the day’s hottest deals, vetted by our deal experts.
* Deal Alerts – Receive instant notification when that thingamajig you’ve been eyeing goes on sale.
* Search Deals – Search by keyword, category, brand, store, or any combination.
* Save For Later – Avoid the hassle of making a purchase from your phone by saving deals on the app, then completing your purchase via desktop or tablet.
* Share – Send relevant deals to family, friends, and coworkers via email, text message, Facebook, or Twitter.
* Coupon Codes – Find online and in-store coupons by store, and easily “clip” them to use during checkout.
* Expert Advice – Learn how to save year round with our buying guides, news articles, and other shopping resources.
Stop overpaying for things and spending too much time sorting through sales! Download the DealNews app now, and start shopping — and saving — smarter.
7.8.1 Bug Fix - Feedback in the right rawer was causing a crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it... but...
The only thing is dislike about the app is that if you go into a deal and come back out of it you're put back at the top of the list instead of where you last were.
Same goes for if you leave the app and return. Like if you get a text message and read it, then come back to the app. It's just a little tedious is all when it comes to it taking you back to the top.
Also, while actually scrolling through the lists the app will refresh and once again put me all the way back at the top. It’s so annoying trying to find my place again! Especially if I’m pretty far down the list.
Long time user
Three primary issues with the new app experience
1. Accidental clicks of items in the feed now happen all the time. I’m right handed. Click area is not functioning as well as last version to quick scroll
2. Text is too small. Can’t imagine this passes ADA standards but I’m a young man and still having issues reading the small abs thin text
3. Less valuable content per screen. Lots of padding now is pushing things further out without the additional benefit of more/better information about the items. This means I have to scroll more, which combines with the accidental click issue in #1 above means I’m getting a lot of negative reinforcement to not use the app
4. Default to latest sorting instead of “featured”. You reset this back to “featured” in my feed on update to this new app and it took me a few days to figure out why I wasn’t seeing much new content. Friends and family who use the app said they stopped using because it wasn’t updating as much. Your retention rates have to have seen an increase with this change. Default to “latest”. Content is king and the flow of new updates will incentivize people to use it more, thereby increasing your retention rates.
Developer Response ,
Lot to digest here..let me see what I can do.
1) I'm right handed as well..and I haven't been experiencing any issues. I will keep an eye out for similar feedback. I believe this is occurring for you, just having a tough time recreating this issue.
2) We have heard the feedback about font size. It's one of the hotter items..it's near the top of the list to address.
3) We have also had lots of feedback about seeing more deals. The design team is working on we can make that happen.
4) We have a wide variety of users who prefer different viewing methods. At some point is was decided that Featured was the default. I apologize could not keep your preferred sort from the previous app, but we changed how we store data and we no longer had access to that information. Once you change your preferred sort, it should stay that way (let us know if it does not). Hopefully that is not a deal breaker 😁
We appreciate your feedback. It does help us figure out what to address and what's most important to our users. Feel free to reach out to us anytime - email@example.com is the fastest method.
Happy Deal Hunting!
Best app ever down downgraded to crap
What used to me a simple and quick to browse app is now a bloated and hard to navigate debacle. The latest upgrade includes (I sarcastically add) huge fonts that take up so much space you only see 75% of what was shown in the original app. Missing graphics, photos of products you might be interested in are now replaced with grey boxes with (contrary to the listing) in a font so small you can’t read it showing the discount “$100 off” (of what? I want a photo like in the past). Seriously, more than 50% of the listings now show no photo. Plus, the date the deal was posted is now missing so you now guess what the last deal you last looked at was (no more scrolling to “24-hours ago” and knowing you’ve seen everything listed below that deal). And I’m done. Bummer. From a 5 to a 1-Star by allowing some coder (obviously they didn’t hire a human interface developer) decide what looks good. I think I’ll let my 10-year old design my next company flyer, apparently that’s now the going style.
Developer Response ,
Hello @ IDoMagic. Whew, you gave us a lot to chew on! Two of the big changes in this version were 1) adding many, many more deals many of which don't always have images and 2) based on significant user research, we updated the design based on what our users find most valuable. We would very much like to understand more about how we can solve the "guess the last deal you last looked at" issue for you as you're not the first person to bring this up! Please contact us at https://www.dealnews.com/contact/ so we can figure out how to address your concerns directly. Thanks for the feedback and we sincerely hope you don't go.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.