Giant update that adds new special characters, weapons, custom character options, locations, and more!
New content update added! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
We've already done lots of updates, and there are more updates coming! We're adding new features, locations, characters, weapons, and more!
Major Update: LIVER! This update adds a big batch of new special characters, including FINALLY having a reference to your favorite anime. It also includes new weapons, a new perk and trait, new customization options, and more! Full list of changes:
- 6 new recruitable Special Characters!
- New Perk: Pyromaniac. You get a blowtorch that regens between missions, and immunity to fire. You can pair this with Phoenix to retain fireproofing after your first death, or combine it with Specialist to get a recharging Napalm Launcher! Have fun
- New Trait: Fast Learner. Start with low skills, but gain double points to Shooting, Medical, and Mechanical skill every time you get a respective skillup for one of these. This effect stops at 4 in each skill, and if you get a skillup at 3, you'll still shoot straight to skill 5
- MORE UNLOCKABLE HATS added, with conditions for unlocking them
- Added more hair and head options, and new skin color options. The weirdest ones are not used by the random character generator, but you can use them in the Custom Character maker and as Familiar Characters
- New Rare Location: MILITARY DEPOT. Lots of zombies, lots of explosives
- New Rare Trader
- New Arcade Machine added to the Arcade Rare Trader Camp
- New Weapon: Golden Axe
- New Weapon: Heavy Golden Axe
- New Rare Trading Camp: PREPPER PARADISE
- New Weapon: LIL' DAWG
- New Weapon: Golden Pistol
- New Weapon: Survival Knife
- Trader that sells higher ammo versions of the Bazooka, Grenade Launcher, and Napalm Thrower
- BIG DAWG is now sold in PREPPER PARADISE, for a cheaper price
- Healing Spray XL with 10 charges instead of 3
- New Event: Turret Thief
- 4 anime reference characters that temporarily summon 4 other anime reference characters
- BROOMY, who gets a very special attribute that may be hard to figure out at first
- DELTA, the supersoldier/dog, who is a dog/supersoldier trained by the US GOVERNMENT to have enhanced combat potential and super-accuracy with firearms
Tweaks and Fixes
- Giant buff for Sacrificial Altars. In exchange for losing 2 health, a surviving character now gets Strength, Fitness, AND Shooting instead of just a chance for one of those. If someone dies to the altar, in addition to the previous loot table, it will also give the entire rest of the team a point in strength, fitness, or shooting at random
- CIVILIZED NERF: Only gives 1 point in medical and 1 point of mechanical now. Still gives the extremely overpowered combo of good personality stats, though
- GNOMEY REVAMP (blaring siren)
- Gnomey no longer gets maxed medical, a MASSIVE NERF
- Gnomey now summons temporary allies at a high chance whenever he hits a zombie, a MASSIVE BUFF
- Gnomey has a small chance to summon many things at once
- Gnomey has a chance to summon the Punch Quest guy, who stays for the entire mission
- Punch Quest gauntlets shoot punch energy
- Secret method for getting 2 Punch Quest gauntlets that can be equipped by anyone
- Fireman (Rare Trader Camp Recruit) buffs
- Fireman now takes 15 food to recruit instead of 10
- Fireman gets a recharging Napalm Launcher like a Pyromaniac + Specialist does, at around level 2 recharge. Their napalm launcher has 20 max capacity instead of 25
- Fireman gets a max slot capacity of 2, down from 3, but a lot better than the 1 you'd get with Pyromaniac + Specialist
- Superdogs can now bark without dropping their weapon
- Shotgun Seller now sells Double Barreled Shotgun instead of BIG DAWG
- Rambeux Knife buffed from 1 to 0.7 cooldown
- The Road Pause Menu now lists the speed of your car
- Temporary characters now drop their weapons when they disappear
- Blowtorch and Napalm Thrower are now both unbreakable
- Hekatarius event can now give fireproofing to solo survivors
- Pukeyballs are buffed, due to OVERWHELMING demand. They stack higher now
- All temporary summons are now set at MAXIMUM AGGRESSION SETTINGS. This includes Pukeyballs, chickens, robots, and Stamps
Ratings and Reviews
This game’s cheeky hilarity comes from the endlessly unexpected ways we perish during our trek to the zombie-free haven north of the 49th. Smashing our car in an ill-advised stunt jump, being abandoned by our rifle-toting dog, losing a pose-off to a bunch of burly bandits—you get the picture. This undead action-adventure just won’t stop gnawing on our funnybones.
Without a doubt the best mobile game
I have so much respect for the creators of this game, this is by far the greatest game on the iPhone (not including hearthstone, that’s a computer game). This game is so refined and polished to the point where I can’t believe it’s only 15 bucks! Honestly the replay value of this game with its tons of events, characters, vehicles, weapons, areas, game modes, and hilarious jokes is unmatched by any console game I can think of. It’s hard, and sometimes deaths can be aggravating, but each death lets you learn, okay, next time I won’t try to wrestle a moose! The custom character creator is brilliant with traits and perks of your friends and family give the game a personal touch and some funny scenarios, like how the “Berserk” trait has a character maul 3 bandits to save the group without a thought. The game is just simply a blast to play, from the careful decision making to the crazy stressful sieges. I won’t spill too luck of the gameplay because I want people to experience it for themselves. Put short, this game is a masterpiece, 5 stars without question. And one more thing, the developers listened to my complaint, I won’t say what, because again spoilers, but yeah this company cares about their games!
This is a very underrated game, and it has an amazing amount of effort put into it. However, I do have some suggestions for the game. The first suggestion would be a minor change to the bow. The piercing chance should be buffed, while the non- charged bow shot should be slightly weaker, to balance it. The second suggestion would be to have online multiplayer between friends on steam, game center, etc. The third suggestion would be to have fitness or strength increase a point every 200 zombies destroyed. The fourth would be to buff martial arts to deal slightly more knock-back and have more range. The fifth would be a new trait that resembles a careless, loyal and innocent character. The upsides would be something along the lines of having good attitude and loyalty. The downsides would be wits, strength, and fitness. This trait would either be similar to oblivious or it would replace it. This is all up to you, of course. I know this game doesn’t update anymore, but if you do see this, please don’t feel compelled to make these changes. These are just things that I feel would improve the game.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rocketcat LLC
- 109.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Rocketcat LLC 2020
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.