New content update added! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
We've already done lots of updates, and there are more updates coming! We're adding new features, locations, characters, weapons, and more!
Next Updates will likely focus on new weapons, locations, and special trading camps, along with fan requests.
- AI Weapon Locking added! Select a weapon twice to lock it. AI followers will try to use whatever weapon is locked, and they will try to not drop it
- If you lock an empty slot, they should treat it like it's a weapon and not replace it. This was added for characters with good unarmed skills or if you want a dog to not pick up anything
- When a square is selected and flashing in the Swap Meet weapon menu, it will show a flashing lock indicator to hint to players that the locking feature exists
- Dogs now have a realistic poop system
- 4 new events. The Last Internet Connection, Death Car to Right Here, The Big McDowell, and Cloud Watching.
- 2 new rare events added, Wonkor Burger and Trust Building Exercise
- New trader added, Heavy Ordinance Trader. Sells the new Grenade Launcher, Bazooka, and Land Mine
- New weapons: Tableware (spoon, fork, butterknife), rake, hoe, wood saw, blacksmith hammer, land mines, bazooka, electric leaf blower and weed whacker, grenade launcher, electric chainsaw, haunted tableware
- Rakes and Hoes added to farm loot
- Blacksmith hammer, woodsaw, electric chainsaw/blower/whacker, rakes and hoes added to hardware store loot
- Electric Chainsaw how has 80 juice when found instead of 250
- Electric Blower and Whacker now have 50 battery
- Fix for Moody's Plasms Rifle
- Tableware added to kitchen loot table, spatula chance halved (NERF)
- Replaced ghost mansion turret rewards with haunted tableware set and 3-5 food
- Removed pistol, snubnose, regular rifle from forest bunker end loot, added both turret types
- Secret city bunkers how have a 30% chance of green turret, 10% chance of red
- Mansions now have haunted furniture, the ULTIMATE weapon
- Mansion kitchens now have a small chance of haunted tableware
- Rocket launcher now fires more slowly
- Fairy bat added
- Charge-based ranged weapons now use reload for shot time and cooldown for melee, like regular guns
- Character strength added to bow draw speed
- Fixed a bug with swapping a knocked bow with another
- New weapons added to weapon buyer
- Napalm Launcher will spawn in the Inferno locations, replacing the flamethrower
- Napalm Launchers found on the ground give 50 charges
- Burning locations now have a slightly higher chance of flamethrower
- Fireproof special recruit now gets a 20 charge Napalm Launcher, losing the 200 charge blowtorch
- 50 charge Napalm Launcher added as a Fire Sale 8th option to the 10 food list
- Characters in Canada Crossing now invincible for a bit at the beginning of the round
- Dirtier Yallmart floors, as a test to maybe make the world more filthy
- Reduced items spawning behind immovable objects
- Fixed a particle effects issue when smashing trees and bushes
- More particle fixes
- Tweaks to some collision things
- Fix for a UI exploit that let you skip events
- AI followers should now get out the same side of the car as the player
- Ammo Emporium Dog no longer drops his claws on death
- Special boxing trainer no longer drops boxing gloves on death
- New code to make it so the game doesn't confuse Mechamountie for Mason
- Code optimizations
- Buffer overflow fix
- Many behind the scenes tweaks and memory leak fixes
- The bandit events for the ones that take everything and the weapon stealing ones tweaked to be slightly less harsh
- Overpowered and Endless mode added to game-info streak tracking
- Changes to how Fireproof works so it's statmod based instead of a Trait check. This will allow new methods to gain fireproof that doesn't eat up your Trait slot completely
- Checks to make sure previous fireproof things don't break with this change
- Fixed a crash that would happen if you replaced your playable character in a trading camp with a full team, when the playable character was the only character not resting
- Tweaked a hash table function which could lead to some crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This game’s cheeky hilarity comes from the endlessly unexpected ways we perish during our trek to the zombie-free haven north of the 49th. Smashing our car in an ill-advised stunt jump, being abandoned by our rifle-toting dog, losing a pose-off to a bunch of burly bandits—you get the picture. This undead action-adventure just won’t stop gnawing on our funnybones.
Without a doubt the best mobile game
I have so much respect for the creators of this game, this is by far the greatest game on the iPhone (not including hearthstone, that’s a computer game). This game is so refined and polished to the point where I can’t believe it’s only 15 bucks! Honestly the replay value of this game with its tons of events, characters, vehicles, weapons, areas, game modes, and hilarious jokes is unmatched by any console game I can think of. It’s hard, and sometimes deaths can be aggravating, but each death lets you learn, okay, next time I won’t try to wrestle a moose! The custom character creator is brilliant with traits and perks of your friends and family give the game a personal touch and some funny scenarios, like how the “Berserk” trait has a character maul 3 bandits to save the group without a thought. The game is just simply a blast to play, from the careful decision making to the crazy stressful sieges. I won’t spill too luck of the gameplay because I want people to experience it for themselves. Put short, this game is a masterpiece, 5 stars without question. And one more thing, the developers listened to my complaint, I won’t say what, because again spoilers, but yeah this company cares about their games!
This is a very underrated game, and it has an amazing amount of effort put into it. However, I do have some suggestions for the game. The first suggestion would be a minor change to the bow. The piercing chance should be buffed, while the non- charged bow shot should be slightly weaker, to balance it. The second suggestion would be to have online multiplayer between friends on steam, game center, etc. The third suggestion would be to have fitness or strength increase a point every 200 zombies destroyed. The fourth would be to buff martial arts to deal slightly more knock-back and have more range. The fifth would be a new trait that resembles a careless, loyal and innocent character. The upsides would be something along the lines of having good attitude and loyalty. The downsides would be wits, strength, and fitness. This trait would either be similar to oblivious or it would replace it. This is all up to you, of course. I know this game doesn’t update anymore, but if you do see this, please don’t feel compelled to make these changes. These are just things that I feel would improve the game.
- Rocketcat LLC
- 108.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Rocketcat LLC 2018
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.